The primary functions of this position is to safely drive a commercial vehicle and manually unload a variety of products using a hand truck while maneuvering up and down a metal ramp and treating our customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Deliver product in an efficient and effective manner adhering to an assigned delivery schedule.
- Keep open communication with the sales team and office of any obstacle that may arise on the route.
- Create, develop and maintain a good relationship with assigned accounts.
- Make sure that each of your accounts knows you and your helper’s proper name.
- Provide customer with a complete invoice of delivery and collect any money that is due on COD deliveries.
- Contact management for authorization of any invoice discrepancies.
- Safeguard company property and money as if it was your personal property.
- Operate company provided vehicle in accordance with company safety policies & procedures.
- Perform pre and post trip inspections and fill out required D.O.T. paperwork daily.
- Report any accident immediately using the proper documentation.
- Keep assigned delivery vehicle neat and clean on a daily basis.
- Maintain a current class A or B CDL and inform your supervisor regarding any changes or violations immediately.
- Maintain a current D.O.T. physical card
- Maintain a safe driving record
- Hold a valid Class A or Class B commercial driver’s license
- Familiar with DOT regulations
- Strong customer service
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic communication skills
- Successfully complete a pre-employment drug test
- Required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds routinely.
- Required to walk, reach overhead, stoop, bend and twist routinely.
- Required to walk up and down a metal ramp while pushing and pulling a cart weighing over one hundred (100) pounds throughout the shift.
- Push and pull carts weighing over one hundred (100) pounds.
- Enter and exit tractor multiple times throughout the day.
This job standard is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee assigned to this position will be expected to perform other reasonably related business duties as requested by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.