The Staff Accountant works on an individual and team basis within the Accounting Department. He or she is responsible for timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Prepares and posts journal entries
- Prepares general ledger account analyses and reconciliations
- Participates and contributes in month end close processes
- Reviews accounts payable entries and documentation by following generally accepted accounting principles
- Prepares and submits use tax returns monthly and annually
- Assumes responsibility for effectively researching and resolving account discrepancies
- Prepares related ad hoc reports for administration
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with other departments and with management
- Reconciles approximately 15 bank accounts monthly
- Works directly with management verifying and researching accounting related information
- Prepares payroll-related analyses, reconciliations and journal entries
- Monitors capital equipment inventories including reconciliation and tagging/tracking physical assets
- Assists with the evaluation of internal controls
- Notifies bank(s) of weekly disbursements to help prevent fraud
- Reviews annual 1099 tax forms received
- Assists in field work during financial audits
- Reconciles and reports operating bank account activity on a daily basis
- Prepares and distributes departmental and company financial reports monthly
- Performs compliances for unclaimed property checks
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Ability to work in a cooperative manner with others
- Performs other duties as assigned including related clerical duties, such as but not limited to data-entry, scanning, sorting, and etc.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Four year degree in Accounting or Finance
Experience: Three to Four years of general accounting experience preferred
Computer Skills: Must be computer literate and knowledgeable in the use of Accounting software. The use of Microsoft Office products is required. Intermediate Excel skills required.
Other Requirements: Must be able to maintain strictest level of confidentiality. Must display honesty and integrity when producing, delivering and distributing information. Position is involved with extremely sensitive information including company and individual financial materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled