Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, Binswanger Glass is the place for you! With 64 locations in 15 states, Binswanger is the largest full-service retailer and installer of Architectural Glass and aluminum products within the construction, residential, and automotive markets in the United States. Binswanger Glass was originally founded in 1872 and is headquartered in Memphis, TN. With more than 140 years in business, Binswanger Glass has the track record of being an organization where careers are made. Many of our current 1,000+ employees have grown through the ranks and have great careers at Binswanger Glass.
Watch this short video to learn more! https://youtu.be/8nPli80-nhY
Job Specific Information:
- Sales and Use tax, Gross Receipts tax, Personal Property tax, Unclaimed Property and Business Licenses.
- Bank reconciliation
- Work closely with our outside consultants in the preparation of the company’s consolidated/combined federal/state income/franchise tax returns and property tax returns.
- File and pay quarterly federal/state and local income/franchise tax estimates.
- Pay property tax returns.
- Renew business licenses. Research requirement for business licenses for new locations and file applications where necessary.
- Manage state and local income/franchise tax audits or business license audits.
- Supervise the preparation, filing and payment of sales and use tax.
- Assists the Controllers with research and projects related to US State and local sales and use tax issues and transactions.
- Participate in configuration, design, support and ongoing management of Vertex transaction tax calculation software. Assist with research and maintenance of product taxability mapping for Vertex integration with transaction systems across multiple lines of business for multiple taxing authorities. Develop a working knowledge of internal ERP systems that integrate with Vertex.
- Month end close functions to include review of account reconciliations, journal entries and account analysis related to tax accounts.
- Demonstrates willingness to learn and grow in his or her technical expertise in tax matters.