Under the supervision of the Chief Fiscal Officer the Accountant performs accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to the following:
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Payroll Processing ADP - Time & Attendance
- Reconciliation of monthly bank statements.
- Performs general ledger postings & reconciliations.
- Assists with annual external audit: Completes requested materials; prepares schedules for the annual audit.
- Responsible for preparing monthly billings to City & County.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of various accounts.
- Review payroll reports (ADP) for accuracy prior to posting journal entries to the general ledger - calculations and postings.
- Ensures that all transactions conform to General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent from an accredited university.
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience in accounting preferably working in a nonprofit environment.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, Microsoft Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Working knowledge of accepted accounting practices, principles and fiscal procedures in the City and County of San Francisco.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of Fundware accounting software system preferred; or experience working in any module-based software package/general ledger.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and to take on new tasks.
- Ability to use discretion in maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive materials and issues, exercise good judgment and discretion at all times.
Job Type: Full-time
- ADP: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- San Francisco, CA 94134 (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monitoring company accounts and conducting quarterly reviews
- Accounts payable
- Expense reports
- Internal audits for policy adherence
- Internal audits for tax codes
- Presenting budgets and reports to upper management
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- Account reconciliation
- Invoice processing