*Human Resources Manager
*Bayview Hospitality Group is a growing hotel development and management company recognized as a top Hilton franchisee in Ontario. We leverage our industry experience, strategic partnerships, determined teamwork, and multi-faceted growth strategy. Our unrelenting pursuit of guest satisfaction, market share and profitability provides a solid foundation for success. Bayview is engaged in developing, acquiring and operating hotel and residential properties in major markets and currently operates over 1,500 guestrooms and residential apartment units. Our exceptional hotel teams lead their markets by delivering real service, value and true hospitality.
*Based out of our downtown Toronto office, Bayview Hospitality Group's Human Resources Manager will work within the executive team to define and implement people strategies that are aligned with business plans. This role maintains and improves the organization's human resources by providing expertise across the functional areas of HR (associate engagement, staffing, talent management, compliance, labour relations, retention, talent development, etc.) to drive business results.
- Leads the recruitment process to develop strategies to address the staffing needs of the business and to ensure the business is fully staffed with a diverse and talented workforce.
- Leads the development and implementation of organizational programs and initiatives aimed at driving employee engagement, retention, training and development.
- Provides coaching & support management on leadership development, talent and performance management, change and people management issues & communication.
- Valued partner and confidante to the Operations team in the effective execution of strategies to meet business goals, and providing feedback and support on all employee related issues at the hotel.
- Coach and advise General Managers on complex and diverse employee and labour relations issues (i.e. performance management, attendance management, disability management, workplace investigations), including compiling and preparing evidence to support appropriate recommendations.
- Creation, implementation and management of HR Policies, Processes and Programs liaising with the management team including coordination of employee handbooks.
- Provides overall employee relations support to all manager inquiries regarding policies and procedures.
- Provides design input and support management into payroll accounting systems.
- Ensures that the required safety training and orientation is conducted at each hotel.
- Provides mentorship, direction and advice regarding employment related issues including but not limited to the interpretation of company policies & procedures, recruitment & selection strategy, performance management, terminations, planning, training & development and benefits administration.
- Provides representation for the company in formal and informal dispute-resolution processes including grievance procedures, or arbitration, with the support of Bayview's in-house counsel or outside counsel.
- Stays informed about market trends and best human resource management practices.
- Recognizes barriers to success and facilitates proactive dispute resolution that supports a performance driven culture.
- Recommends continuous improvements & standard methodologies to influence human resources strategies.
- Ensures that the interests of employees and company are considered in accordance with HR policies and applicable government laws and regulations - i.e.: ESA, Human Rights Code and Occupational Health and Safety, WSIB.
- Provides advice, guidance and coaching on matters related to all areas of HR.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Human Resources.
- At least 2 years of dynamic HR experience with demonstrated knowledge of the hotel industry.
- Highly effective and persuasive personality, be a great teammate and leader and an excellent facilitator of action planning.
- Experience with unionized work environments.
- Have a good professional presence, and possess strong planning and interpersonal skills and experience leading projects.
- Ability to work toward a future vision / state without having all necessary details.
- A solid teammate, able to work closely with the management team, and other senior team members.
- Demonstrates a high degree of ability and accessibility to create rapport among the employee-base and management team members
- Demonstrates professional conduct, performs duties honourably and with integrity, earns the confidence of employees and management team members.
- A bright, technically proficient professional with a high level of energy; a strong work ethic and a demonstrable ability to deal with confidential sensitive information.
- Superior written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Strong analytic skills and superior ability to problem-solve.
- Exceptional commitment to customer service with solid sense of urgency.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, requiring little direction.
- HRPA Certifications such as CHRP or CHRL are recognized.
*What You'll Get In Return
- Competitive salary and company benefits
- Outstanding employee discounts on rooms and food and beverage for Hilton travel worldwide
- High level of responsibility in a leadership role
- The opportunity to rapidly advance your career
- Working with a fun, ambitious and supportive team
Job Type: Full-time
- Hospitality: 1 year (Required)
- Human Resources: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)