Bayview Child Development Centre
Job Title: Executive Director
Location: Bayview Child Development Centre, 133 Company Rd., Port Hood, NS B0E 2W0
Reports to: Board of Directors
Coordinates the provision of nurturing care and developmentally appropriate programming to meet the needs of children within a safe and healthy environment, through supervision of staff, students and volunteers and in co-operation with parents and other groups within the community.
- To perform duties in accordance with the mission statement, vision and core values of BCDC.
- To provide high-quality childcare that meets the diverse needs and promotes optimum physical, social, emotional, cognitive and intellectual development of the children in care.
- To assume a supervisory and leadership role that the Director is responsible for.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervising educators; scheduling work and assigning responsibilities; chairing staff meetings; participating in staff hiring and dismissal and evaluating educators.
- Advising and consulting staff in planning and implementing the daily program of activities and ensuring that staff provides a safe, flexible and stimulating environment which facilitates early learning.
- Overseeing the Lead Educator who will record observations and assessments on children's progress and behaviour.
- Monitoring the health and safety of children and staff; ensuring that staff maintains or exceeds standards set by the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development to meet licensing requirements; participating in annual health and safety inspection; referring health and safety concerns to the Board of Directors and making recommendations for change.
- Ensuring that staff communicates positively with families through regular verbal and written contact regarding the program.
- Preparing and producing written documents to meet program information and communication needs; administering documentation, equipment and supplies budget.
- Ensuring staff remain current and knowledgeable; making recommendations for in-service training.
- Other related duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Essential Skills:
- Early Childhood Education diploma or degree (Level 2 or 3) from a recognized college or university or other equivalent educational qualifications.
- Current First Aid certificate, Vulnerable Sector check and Child Abuse Registry check
- Minimum of five years experience in a group childcare program (infant to preschool) and experience with Kindergarten/school-age programs.
- Desirable Skills:
- Strong organizational, administrative and managerial skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work closely with other team members
- Sensitivity and respect for individual and cultural differences
- An additional language would be an asset
Commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume and covering letter in confidence to bcdcporthood(at)gmail.com. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Monday June 24, 2019
Job Type: Full-time
- group childcare program: 5 years (Required)
- Level 2 or 3 ECE (Required)