Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country’s leading providers of home and community health care services and is a Canadian-owned company. With over 100 locations across the country, including home care offices, pharmacies and infusion clinics, Bayshore has more than 13,000 staff members and provides care to over 350,000 clients. We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life, dignity and independence of all Canadians, by providing customized care plans and solutions that allow clients to remain in the comfort of their own home. We have been a recipient of Canada’s Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
It is our mission to deliver passionate and caring service to all Canadians every visit, every time. We are the sum of our people. Join the Bayshore family and help us continue to go above and beyond to deliver a positive experience to the lives of our clients and their families.
The Health and Safety Administrator under the direction of the National Health & Safety Manager provides support to Bayshore locations and the National Development Centre in the areas of Workplace Health and Safety.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative support to the National Manager of Health and Safety
- Pay and track departmental expenditures and invoices
- Draft correspondence including letters, memos, reports and presentation materials.
- Assist with the National Health & Safety Manager in investigating work-related incidents
- Maintains the Parklane WCB database and assists with submissions of Employer’s report to WCB
- Maintain the physical demand analysis database for staff
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns
- Maintain and gain current knowledge of provincial legislation relating to Employment Standards, Human Rights, Workplace Health & Safety, and Labour laws
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel
- First Aid Attendant at NSC
- Complete other tasks as requested
- Schedule and coordinate departmental meetings, appointments and travel arrangements.
- Prepare and distribute meeting agendas, minutes and relevant supporting materials.
- Receive, sort, scan, doc-link and distribute incoming departmental mail.
- Track an Maintain workers’ compensation costs and performance tracking systems and files.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
Preferred level 1 and 2 certification and/or a willingness to participate in company sponsored training, and job specific self-improvement courses.
A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience of progressive and varied administrative employment and Health and Safety experience is preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities: