The Area Director, under the direction of the Operations Director, is accountable for all aspects of the operation of a Private branch. Your key function is to apply your leadership and business skills to grow your branch and make it a vital local health care resource. Most of your time will be spent in the community promoting Bayshore’s home care and staffing services, and building relationships with referral sources. Your other responsibilities include managing branch operations and staff, recruitment marketing, ensuring quality service standards, financial management and team building. You will oversee clinical managers or nurses responsible for directing client care and management of caregivers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Community Relations/Business Development
- Promote home care services through community relations and events, information sessions and build relationships with health care professionals and influencers.
- Promote/sell staffing services to care facilities and hospitals, and manage relationships with key contacts.
- Manage branch's database of business contacts and direct marketing activities through use of GoldMine CRM software.
- Execute local advertising and promotional initiatives.
Human Resources Management
- Hire, coach and retain quality administrative staff and caregivers.
- Develop a strong branch team by treating employees fairly and consistently, and through strong communications.
- Manage staff performance on an ongoing basis and through annual reviews.
- Conduct regular recruitment marketing initiatives.
- Cultivate a strong customer service and sales performance culture.
- Continually ensure branch is practicing effective inquiry management and follow-up procedures.
- Oversee implementation of continuous improvement initiatives in branch operations and care delivery.
- Oversee and work with clinical managers to ensure delivery of high quality care and adherence to government, company and IS0 9001-2000 standards.
- Prepare annual budget and monthly financial reports.
- Manage expenses in relation to revenue.
- Set appropriate pay and bill rates.
- Analyze ongoing financial results to ensure financial goals are reached.
Health and Safety
- Participate in proactive health and safety activities while performing all required duties.
- Notify immediate supervisor of any health and safety risks or concerns, and complete accident reports for all direct reports who injure themselves on the job, within 24 hours of the incident.
- Ensure that employees are trained in and follow safe work procedures, company health and safety policies and all applicable federal, provincial and municipal government regulations.
- Cooperate fully with the Bayshore’s Safety Representative and Joint Health and Safety Committee, and ensure that employees share responsibility to identify and solve workplace safety and health problems.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adhere to Bayshore’s Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with Bayshore’s Quality Management System.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and corporate information and discuss same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
Complete other tasks as requested.
A college or university Degree in Business, Marketing, Nursing or a health care-related field.
Five or more years of demonstrated sales, business building or management success in a health care-related field.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Enjoy dealing with people and working in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Good business sense and strategic thinking. Strong interpersonal and decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle difficult situations in an objective and consistent manner.
- Ability to work independently as well as lead and manage a team of people.
- Strong entrepreneurial, marketing, communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in use of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and GoldMine software, or ability to quickly learn how to use these tools.
- Ability to attain a basic understanding in use of Procura scheduling software.
- Vaild driver’s license and willingness to occasionally undertake out-of-town travel if required (e.g., training, national meetings, conferences). Clinical or nursing experience an asset but not essential.
Internal candidates must have a track record of achievement in sales and marketing initiatives, and have demonstrated above average initiative. Successful internal candidates must complete a six-month probationary period specific to the Area Director position.