The Care Manager, under the direction of the Area Director, is responsible for client base growth, delivery of care and service to clients and families and ensures compliance with internal and external standards of practice. She or he ensures that client and family needs are managed at all times. The Care Manager assumes leadership with respect to client care within a defined geographic area. The Care Manager may be required to assume leadership of the branch in the absence of the Area Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and nurture relationships with referral sources, families and clients within a defined geography
- Plan and host formal and informal caregiver support groups within a defined geography
- Promote Bayshore Home Health through participation in local healthcare or business committees as well as community events.
- Assess or arrange for the initial consult with clients and families requiring licensed and unlicensed care and service
- Maintain the role of single point of contact for clients and families for all matters
- Conduct function of screening and observation of client and / or families service and/or care needs
- Through observation and screening, identify areas for consult with internal and external formal care team members. Engage care team members as appropriate to conduct assessment of client and/or family service/care planning needs.
- When determined to be required, work collaboratively with care team members to establish service/care plan and conduct care evaluation on an on-going basis.
- Develop and/or ensure that care/service plans are available for clients, visit clients as required and link in Nurse Consultant and other Bayshore as well as community resources as required
- Support employees to ensure that client needs are being managed and that there is compliance with all federal and provincial legislated standards of practice as well as company policies and procedures.
- Lead or assist with the integration of client satisfaction initiatives; ensure that all referred client concerns and complaints are satisfactorily addressed and documented in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Standards of Practice guidelines of Provincial regulating bodies within the healthcare environment, inclusive of an advance knowledge of all formal care team member's scopes of practice.
- Liaise with other members of the care team and community as required.
- Assume responsibility for specific Branch Office operations in the absence of the Area Director
- Provide in-person and virtual support for clients and caregivers as necessary on a 24/7 basis
- Provide direct client care in emergency situations based on care plan
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns. Responsible for completing Accident Reports for all direct reports who injure themselves on the job, within 24 hours of the incident.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
Graduation from an educational program focusing on geriatric care, community health or social work.
At least 1 year of recent experience with responsibilities for client acquisition, care management and business growth, preferably in a community setting.
Other Skills and Abilities
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format; ability to work independently and effectively lead a team; above average report writing and communication skills; valid driver's license; solid knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods of customer service, care management as well as program development, implementation and evaluation.
Internal candidates must have a track record of achievement in dealing with clients, business and relationship development and have consistently shown above average initiative.