The Collector I, under general supervision and according to established procedures, performs collection activities for assigned accounts. The Collector I contacts patients and insurance company representatives by telephone or through correspondence to check the status of claims, obtains insurance information, processes accounts for write-off, checks on interim billings, and counsels patients on financial arrangements. The Collector I also maintains collection files on the accounts receivable system by entering detailed records consisting of any pertinent information needed for collection follow-up. In addition, the Collector I communicates with collection affiliates and provides information to the Credit Bureau in solving payment difficulties.
The ideal Collector I candidate has some Collections experience, excellent communication and customer service skills, and is able to work with difficult situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Specialty/Department/Practice -Revenue Cycle
- Shift/Schedule -Full time, M-F
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
- Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent required
- 1+ Years of experience required