It’s an exciting time to work at Baylis Medical! We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis is based out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. The addition of a new state-of-the-art Innovation Centre in Mississauga will allow us to develop new technologies in the fields of cardiology, radiology and spine, while creating hundreds of new Mississauga-based jobs.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to join us?
Our team is rapidly growing and we are currently seeking a Research & Development Engineer to lead the development of complex electronic products.
Our engineers are involved in all aspects of the medical device development including: design, prototyping, and manufacturing transfer. These individuals also have an opportunity to work with the appropriate government bodies to obtain regulatory approval, and to issue patents in conjunction with the IP department.
At Baylis, we offer challenging and meaningful careers for individuals inspired to work in the biomedical industry. Our team consists of intelligent and success-driven individuals with a strong inspiration to improve the lives of others.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Lead electrical and embedded engineering project commitments working closely with cross functional engineering teams and contractors to achieve success
- Translate medical device compliance and regulatory requirements (such as IEC 60601) into product design
- Perform failure mode analysis and work towards making designs compliant with desired certifications.
- Actively participate in transfer of designs to manufacturing
- Mentor new design engineers and technicians
What you bring to the team
- BS Degree and 7+ years of experience or MS Degree and 5+ years of experience required
- Leadership guiding a group of engineers in the development of complex products
- Embedded system design to include:
- Conceptual design of systems to meet specific project needs
- Assessment and documentation of requirements
- Component Selection for performance, compliance, and life cycle considerations
- Firmware architecture, development and debugging
- Full life-cycle implementation experience (Architect, design, schematic capture, layout, production transfer, manufacturing support) including contract manufacturer selection and supervision
- Experience designing and troubleshooting to meet ESD/EMC requirements
- Electrical project management skills to manage multiple product designs in parallel
- Produce clear descriptions of work to facilitate coordination of multi-person teams
- Experience with analog and digital designs containing the following:
- RF and/or precision analog design
- Data communication interfaces
- Sensors and instrumentation
- Hands-on experience with micro-controller systems, working side-by-side with Embedded Software Engineers to bring-up and troubleshoot systems
- Proven experience in mentoring engineers
- Experience in a fast-paced design iteration and convergence environment
- Design, prototype, and production-establishment of analog and digital circuits including:
- High-speed digital designs
- Patient-connected instrumentation
- Battery-powered devices
- Proficient in PCB design tools such as Altium Designer
- Superior communication skills (verbal/written) and demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Possess a strong interest in medical device development
What we have to offer:
Opportunity for growth
Competitive salary and benefits
Flexible start times
On site gym facility
We encourage you to apply directly with a Cover Letter stating your interest.
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.