It’s an exciting time to work at Baylis Medical! We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis is based out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. The addition of a new state-of-the-art Innovation Centre in Mississauga will allow us to develop new technologies in the fields of cardiology, radiology and spine, while creating hundreds of new Mississauga-based jobs.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to join us?
The Scientific Affairs Associate - Reimbursement and Health Economics is an integral part of the Regulatory & Scientific Affairs department. This individual will work on projects that require skilled assessment of the clinical and economic value of technologies and procedures, including research and in-depth analysis of published medical & health economics literature, reimbursement policies and guidelines, payer and clinical evidence requirements for Baylis Medical devices and applications within the relevant therapeutic areas. You will work both independently and collaboratively with other departments including Clinical, Marketing and R&D.
Ideal candidate has proven experience with health economics and value assessment, peer-reviewed writing process, researching complex subject matter, and working with inter-disciplinary teams to accomplish goals.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Influence business development by assisting with scientific affairs projects
- Prepare value assessments, economic analyses & publications, and reimbursement assessments for Baylis Medical devices
- Keep abreast of the scientific & economics literature and the changing reimbursement rules and guidelines and ensure timely dissemination of strategic information internally
- Track, analyze and report provider and payer regional trends and developments to support strategic planning
- Assist in development of global and multi-country reimbursement strategy
- Help with preparation and implementation of evidence development strategies
- Compile clinical and economic dossiers for Baylis Medical devices
- Assist with data analytics and grants in support of business objectives
- Monitor emerging issues in scientific affairs that impact the company and identify solutions
- Liaise and develop positive relationships with internal and external customers
- Assist with other scientific affairs activities as required
What you bring to the team
- Relevant experience in a similar role is preferred, but not mandatory. Previous experience in Scientific Affairs, Health Economics, Reimbursement and/or Medical Technology Value Assessment roles is advantageous
- Knowledge in health economics, reimbursement, or data analytics is a great asset
- Exposure to healthcare and reimbursement
- Excellent research and scientific writing skills are mandatory
- Microsoft Office and internet skills
What we have to offer
We encourage you to apply directly with a Cover Letter stating your interest.
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.