We are looking for an R&D engineer to join our DMS division of Baylis R&D. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, from internal design and development work to externally focussed marketing and regulatory support. Due to the dynamic nature of this work, being able to switch rapidly between projects and manage work in a prioritized fashion is critical. You will have the opportunity to work independently and with a variety of other teams across the company. Your enthusiasm for learning and growth as well as your communication skills will be key to your success in DMS.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Preparing, managing and executing on proposals and projects
- Designing and executing hypothesis driven experiments, developing models, and reporting on results
- Testing and redesigning packaging (sterile packaging, box packaging) for design improvement or cost down
- Implementation of new tools and processes on production floor
- Investigating and reporting on complaints, non-conformances and CAPAs
- Managing customer requests and relationships
- Supporting capacity increase and other operations projects, with particular focus on sub-assemblies and packaging processes
What you bring to the team:
- A Bachelor's or higher degree in Engineering is required, with a preference for Biomedical Engineering
- 2+ years related experience in medical devices with a focus on Research and Development
- Experience with packaging design and testing will be a huge asset.
- Strong knowledge of the design requirements as per 21 CFR 820 and ISO 13485
- Experience with drafting and maintaining DHF and DMR documentations
- Experience with rapid design iteration and making design recommendations
- Ability to independently develop and adapt work plans based on vague or changing project goals
- Strong hypothesis-driven experimental design and statistical analysis skills
- Demonstrated experience in creative engineering design
- Candidates must be self-starters and have a hands-on approach
- Ability to work independently and within a diverse group of engineers and production staff
- Superior communication skills (verbal/written) and developing leadership skills
- Passion for serving patients and advancing medicine
What we have to offer:
- Smart commute options including complimentary shuttle from Kipling Station, and subsidized transit program.
- Flexible working hours that complement core business hours.
- One day off for volunteering, to give back to a charitable organization of your choice.
- Purposeful work that drives career development, with opportunities to learn and grow by way of on-site training, workshops, and lunch and learn sessions.
- Comprehensive total rewards package, including tuition reimbursement and lifestyle and health spending account.
- Well-being initiatives, including onsite gym facility and fitness classes (yoga and boot camp).
- Employee-friendly work environment, with opportunity to participate in employee-led clubs, organized sports teams, video games, foosball, ping pong, etc.
At Baylis Medical, everyone works with a shared purpose: to improve the lives of people around the world. Named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, we are a rapidly growing leader in the development, manufacturing and commercialization of innovative medical devices in the field of cardiology. Our focus is on providing physicians clinically-relevant tools, so that no patient goes untreated.
We are looking for talented individuals, like yourself, to join Baylis Medical and make an impact in the lives of patients. Are you ready to join us?
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Want an inside look at careers and life at Baylis? View employee profiles on The Muse and follow us on Instagram @Baylismedical