The Production Supervisor , supervises, monitors, and coordinates the activities of the Production Team Members to meet the common goal of Production Department. He/she trains Team Member to produce and package medical devices according to protocols. The Production Team Leader performs tasks to support process development and improvement activities.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Ensures Team Members work in safety manner and with protective devices, measures and procedure. Advise worker existence of any potential safety hazards. Conduct safety walk to identify hazard and seek resolution. Ensures safety incident is documented.
- Ensures product quality by enforcing use of manufacturing protocol, good manufacturing and documentation practices. Review or do job file completion. Performs daily line walk to ensure compliance.
- Monitor yield and rework level. Initiate NCR and improvement activities. Participates in audit and audit finding resolution. Execute best practices.
- Work with Engineers to establish better work methods, tools and equipment to improve safety, quality and productivity. Identify, highlight and resolve problems affecting quality, productivity, lead time and cost.
- Accountable in meeting daily patient serve volume. Supervise and dispatch work to Production Team Members. Make recommendation for recovery. Optimize line capacity and equipment utilization. Use metrics and control board to monitor and improve line performance.
- Maintain adequate staffing level. Interview, select and hire required staff. Conduct cross-training and training of new employees. Maintain updated training records.
- Identify development opportunities for Team Members. Write and administer performance appraisal. Implement policies and work on employee behavioral issues. Apply appropriate disciplinary action when necessary.
- Manage attendance and approve leave applications. Identify staff that may need attention.
- Complete material issuance activities work with Supply Chain on material and supply issues.
- Assist R&D Engineers in the development of new product during the preliminary stages, while providing feedback to ease the manufacture.
- Perform other duties as maybe required.
What you bring to the team
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, planning and organization skills.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, adaptable and works well under pressure.
- Knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing & Quality Tools.
- Knowledge of assembly, molding, sterile packaging and box packaging an advantage
- Graduate of Secondary school education required. Post secondary education an advantage.
- Computer literate; knowledge of Microsoft Office required
What we have to offer:
- Smart commute options including complimentary shuttle from Kipling Station, and subsidized transit program.
- Flexible working hours that complement core business hours.
- One day off for volunteering, to give back to a charitable organization of your choice.
- Purposeful work that drives career development, with opportunities to learn and grow by way of on-site training, workshops, and lunch and learn sessions.
- Comprehensive total rewards package, including tuition reimbursement and lifestyle and health spending account.
- Well-being initiatives, including onsite gym facility and fitness classes (yoga and boot camp).
- Employee-friendly work environment, with opportunity to participate in employee-led clubs, organized sports teams, video games, foosball, ping pong, etc.
At Baylis Medical, everyone works with a shared purpose: to improve the lives of people around the world. Named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, we are a rapidly growing leader in the development, manufacturing and commercialization of innovative medical devices in the field of cardiology. Our focus is on providing physicians clinically-relevant tools, so that no patient goes untreated.
We are looking for talented individuals, like yourself, to join Baylis Medical and make an impact in the lives of patients. Are you ready to join us?
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Want an inside look at careers and life at Baylis? View employee profiles on The Muse and follow us on Instagram @Baylismedical