Title: SQL DBA w/.Net development
Location: Los Angeles, CA - downtown area
Length: 6 months Contract +
Work week: M-F
Start Date: 3/25/19
Our client is looking for a SQL Server DBA with responsibilities that include administration, implementation, configuration, installation, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server systems. Any development skills would be a plus. This role will require solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5-8 years of MS SQL Server Administration experience
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, "get-it-done" personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Any certifications a plus but are NOT required
- Development skills in C# or Asp.net would be a plus but are NOT required
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Evaluate and install server and database patches monthly or as needed to support security requirements
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Perform scheduled maintenance including patching, system upgrades, and support release deployment activities after hours.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Full Time Opportunity: