The primary responsibilities of this role, Digital Web Specialist, are to:
As the Digital Web Specialist you will be responsible for the production, modification and maintenance of Bayer-owned websites and web application user interfaces. This role will be responsible to ensure the Content Management System (CMS) is adhering to best practices and follows guidelines previously outlined. You will be part of the marketing team where you will be required to understand the business needs and translate them into technical requirements. This role necessitates a basic understanding of HTML and CSS and have some experience within an enterprise-level CMS (IE. Sitecore). Lastly, this role will work with partner digital agencies where the successful candidate will collaborate and provide technical guidance on behalf of the company. This position is based in Calgary, AB.
Key activities include
- Works with cross-functional teams to deliver content across a broad number of digital channels; oversees all elements including content intake, planning, execution and final reporting.
- Ability to create content deliverables within the CMS including: setting up new pages, authoring new content pages (including all forms of content—text, images, video), editing and retiring existing content and images, integrating SEO best practices within the content creation process.
- Familiarity with user experience best practices; confident collaborating and managing internal and external partner relationships to deliver exemplary project outcomes.
- Provide advice regarding digital projects. Review SOW’s for new digital projects. Keep up to date on web guidelines, standards and new technology.
- Participate in all projects that interact with the website to ensure a seamless experience for our customers.
- Oversee all digital channels, ensuring departmental content (i.e. Communications, Marketing, IT and Global) is current and adheres to the overarching digital strategy.
- Ensure all digital properties adhere to Bayer brand standards, templates, policies and guidelines.
- Collaborate with technology partners, creative agencies, and the marketing communications team on web related projects.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Communications Team to ensure compliance to authoring process guidelines.
- Lead general web analytics and share insights with team members
- Provide CMS authoring process assistance, guidance and training to other Sitecore users (as required).
Who are you
Your success will be driven by your demonstrations of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possess the following:
- Post-secondary degree (preferably in Information Management, Digital Marketing or Technical Communications).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Content Management System, Sitecore or equivalent; preferably in a fast-paced agency or in-house creative setting with content maintenance responsibilities.
- Must have excellent skills in editing various types of web content ranging from general text content to specialized digital content
- Knowledge of multimedia/creative: e.g., interactive/web content, digital graphics/optimization
- Must be able to create and edit images using software tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or Adobe InDesign.
- Experience integrating analytics into online products to evaluate performance and user response.
- Be conversant in web basics - knowledge and/or experience with HTML & CSS is a plus
- Must be able to collaborate with other team members and also work independently.
- Demonstrate the ability to take personal ownership and responsibility of tasks at hand, regardless if they appear in your job description or not.
- Strong organization skills with emphasis on being conscientious and detail-oriented
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer and PowerPoint
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills in order to effectively communicate with a wide variety of staff.