Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Sr. Accountant, Management Accounting
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Inventory & Costing Process Cost Analyst are to:
- Completes 3rd party/toller reconciliations & billings;
- Calculating/entering Obsolescence and reserve entries;
- Develop monthly variance explanations or bridges;
- Ensure proper accounting controls, policies and documentation are maintained;
- Lead audit support;
- Identify & implement process improvements;
- Coordinates gathering numerous inputs from production sites, procurement, production planning, capital teams;
- Support key business functions for Product Costing, Inventory Valuation and Production Value Flow Management;
- Interact with key business functions (e.g. Controlling, Procurement, Product Supply, etc.) and the sites to ensure proper PC/IV/PVF in accordance with the Bayer Management Accounting Policy as well as IFRS and statutory tax requirements;
- Ensure material correctness of inventory values on legal entities;
- Partner with the Global Office (GO) to ensure the globally defined activity splits are in place and functioning optimally, as well as, liaise with the Front Office (FO) regarding closing and other management accounting topics;
- Monitor product accounting and value flow data and follow up on correction requirements identified;
- May act as the local compliance expert and point of escalation for all U. S. Divisions;
- Interact with internal and external auditors ensuring prompt response to audit requests. Ensure appropriate ICS controls are in place and operating effectively;
- Ad-hoc support and project support specific to own area of expertise;
- Act as change agent with respect to process/continuous improvement measures and support/steer projects in the area of Management Accounting;
- Collaborate with the business for clarification of business requirements and possible system/process/design changes;
- Align different stakeholder views, drive for common solutions and act as escalation body;
- During annual planning support budgeting and standard costing processes.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree with 3+ years of Accounting, finance or relevant experience. MBA or CPA with 1+ years of relevant experience will also be acceptable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cost accounting systems and procedures both at a corporate level and a manufacturing level
- Proficient with enterprise-wide business systems (SAP) and proficiency with MS Office applications
- Strong understanding of compliance requirements
- Ability to work independently developing alternative solutions to complex problems, and at a high degree of accuracy, initiative and reliability
- Communicate and collaborate effectively and promptly with all levels of the organization, supporting department objectives and management decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work on teams and promote the team approach
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, which requires flexibility and willingness to work overtime as needed
- Ability to build trustful relationships across all levels of organization (no-silo mentality)
- Ability to work in international environment
- Willingness to travel up to 15% or as projects dictate.
- Knowledge of Life Science/Ag business and manufacturing processes,
- Knowledge of Bayer Group accounting and reporting requirements (BRIDGE standards)
- Cross-organizational assignment
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
United States : Missouri : Creve Coeur
+ 1 888-473-1001, option #5
Job Segment: Accounting, Manager, Agricultural, ERP, SAP, Finance, Management, Agriculture, Technology