Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Our Asset Management department is currently seeking an accountant to take an active role in managing and analyzing the accounting activities relating to the entire asset life cycle, including capital assets under construction, additions, transfers and retirements. The intent is to instill and maintain the necessary financial control and processes to effectively control Bayer’s capital expenditures.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Sr Accountant, are to:
- Actively manage capital project creation, maintenance and closure processes by supporting the investment process, asset master data creation and change, and driving timely project closures through communication and collaboration;
- Assist in complex asset accounting transactions such as mergers and acquisitions;
- Support the month-end close and Bayer financial reporting processes, through communication, schedule preparation and account analysis to ensure complete, accurate and timely financial reporting;
- Proactively lead and support new and current business initiatives and projects;
- Monitor, maintain and implement new policies, processes and tools;
- Identify and implement process improvements independently;
- Maintain a high-level of customer service by completing monthly and ad hoc requests from the Business and other Bayer departments;
- Monitor and support our internal control system framework.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years work-related experience in a Finance or Accounting role, or an MBA/MS degree with a minimum of 2 year of experience in a Finance or Accounting role;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Demonstrated technical ability to understand and apply financial and/or regulatory knowledge to a wide range of situations with varying degrees of complexity;
- Experience in communicating effectively and promptly at all levels of the organization.
- Strong working knowledge of International Accounting Standards;
- Proficient with SAP;
- Certified Public Accountant;
- Team oriented mind-set with the ability to work in a team setting;
- Demonstrated ability to informally lead team and act as an advisor;
- Competence to partner with internal and external contacts to build a network, strong working relationships and instill trust;
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines, which require flexibility;
- Ability to work independently and identify and anticipate potential problems and propose/implement solutions;
- Self-starter and hard work ethic;
- Anticipate periodic travel.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
United States : Missouri : Saint Louis || United States : Missouri : St. Louis || United States : Missouri : St.Louis
+ 1 888-473-1001, option #5