The primary responsibilities of this role, Regionals Sales and Account Manager - Southern Alberta, are to:
The Regional Sales and Account Manager (RSAM), through clear direction, effective coaching, motivation and targeted development, lead and direct a team of territory sales managers to achieve or exceed regional sales targets for full portfolio of integrated business (Crop Protection, Branded Seeds and Traits and also Services as well as Acceleron BioAg and Climate).
The RSAM establishes goals for TSMs in alignment with prescribed product strategies, then continuously monitors and reports the progress toward those goals. Daily direction, coaching and targeted development of the team is understood as a core role of the RSM in reaching goals.
This position is based in Calgary, AB.
- Provide leadership, motivation, and supervision to the Territory Sales Managers in the region to meet or exceed regional sales objectives.
- Work closely with Regional Agronomy manager to ensure a coordinated effort in achieving regional sales objectives and to optimize usage of field testing programs to promote Bayer products.
- Monitor and analyze areas for staff development, allocate resources for the necessary training to maximize employee performance, job satisfaction, career opportunities and sales results.
- Provide accurate and timely regional sales forecasting to the Director of Sales to ensure that production, demand and inventory management can be maximized.
- Manage, track and report to Director of Commercial Operations progress of all sales initiatives / programs to ensure proper budgeting and ensure all offers captured within CRM tool and/or Sales Rep Portal tools.
- Develop and maintain an environment of professionalism and safe working practices to ensure a healthy regional culture that will contribute in a positive manner to the organization.
- Ensure that Bayer Crop Science products in the region are being represented, promoted, sold and serviced in a professional manner.
- Support Key Account manager by providing distributor regional area offices with timely and clear communication on BCS initiatives and programs. Ensure proper co-ordination with Territory Sales Managers efforts and their retail / distributors customers.
- Co-ordinate regional activities, projects, and opportunities with all other Bayer Crop Science staff in the region (R&D, Market Development, InterAg, Breeding, and Marketing)
Who are you
Your success will be driven by your demonstrations of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possess the following:
- BSc or a relevant related field with a minimum of 8-10 years sales and/or marketing management experience.
- A broad understanding of the Canadian crop production business, with more specific knowledge of the regional business – as it relates to crop protection, biotechnology, distributor customer systems, and competitive agents.
- Effective leadership and coaching skills are required to ensure that the regional sales force has the direction to meet and exceed regional goals in an efficient manner.
- Strong communication skills - written, verbal and listening, to maximize results with both internal and external customers.
- Possess extensive computer skills to effectively use MS Office software package, and other BCS software (SAP, CRM, Bayer Values, etc.)
- Required to develop regional strategies to drive sales success with sales team.
- Effectively coach and mentor regional team to drive sales excellence. Work with Sales effectiveness team and HR to ensure career development plans are in place to maximize job and performance satisfaction.
- Continually monitor and evaluate BCS business competitiveness in meeting or exceeding customer’s needs.
- Coach and mentor regional team for the effective use of all resources to drive success.
- Lead sales team in investigating and solving all product performance related issues effectively to maintain customer support.