The primary responsibilities of this role, Key Account Manager, are to:
The Key Account Manager will report to and work with the Director of Key Accounts in developing, communicating and executing regional and distribution sales targets and marketing initiatives to support strategic direction with distribution partners to support Bayer Canada sales objectives for Seed, Crop Protection products and ClimateView. The goal of managing these working relationships with distribution contacts is to ensure strong communication with customers understanding the market to optimize the Bayer share of shelf within each customer. This position is based in Calgary, AB.
- Working with sales, marketing and market development teams, implement strategic customer direction and programming with distributor accounts that support customer growth aspirations and maximize Bayer share and profitability for Seed and Crop Protection products.
- Professionally represent and build effective working relationships for Bayer with key business influencers at customer HO and regional management teams
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams to incorporate customer needs into Bayer programming to maximize distributor commitment
- Develop customer sales forecasts / commitments that support Bayer revenue and OGS targets for Seed, Crop Protection and ClimateView.
- Design, implement and evaluate customer relationship building events that strengthen customer loyalty, enhance business interaction and make Bayer a preferred supplier
- Work closely with SeedGrowth manager to understand SeedGrowth opportunities within distribution, including Seed Treatment equipment including technical support with 3rd Party SeedGrowth / treater customers
- Represent Bayer at all CSTA meetings / conference to facilitate SeedGrowth business
- Communicate to all relevant Bayer personnel timely customer / market information to enhance achievement of sales objectives trends, distribution trends, etc.
- Manage licenses with designated strategic partners
- Key Account Managers who are responsible for licensing must be diligent to maintain an appropriate firewall from the commercial business.
Who are you
Your success will be driven by your demonstrations of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possess the following:
- B.A / B.S Business of Agriculture related discipline, advanced degree an asset.
- Minimum 8 – 10 years business experience, sales, marketing, contract negotiations
- Thorough knowledge of distributor philosophy, structure and operating systems
- French Bilingual an asset but not required