POSITION: Associate Brand Manager Nutritionals & Digestive Health
LOCATION: Head Office-Mississauga- Matheson Blvd. East
DEPT: Commercial Operations – Consumer Health
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
We provide a work environment where you will be working with the best people in the industry. Our goal is to provide interesting and challenging work while at the same time have fun and celebrate successes
Supports the brand manager by advancing projects and initiatives that maximize sales and profit growth, and market share goals of the
assigned brand. This is accomplished by managing the execution of assigned business initiatives and providing recommendations for strategic direction based on a sound business analysis
1. Provides an ongoing analysis of the brand and competitive environment. Draws accurate conclusions from financial and other
quantitative data, and effectively uses quantitative data to make sound recommendations. Presents quantitative data in a useful manner for
planning or decision making.
2. Works in conjunction with the Finance Manager to administer a sound and realistic budget. Fosters effective communication between the brand
and the Finance Manager so that all financial aspects of the brand’s initiatives are captured accurately. Identifies potential shifts in
spending as brand initiatives and priorities change throughout the plan.
3. Manages the execution of brand initiatives as identified and assigned by the Brand Manager. Based on knowledge gained from an in
depth understanding of the brand and category, identifies and recommends key initiatives to the Brand Manager/Senior Brand Manager.
4. Advances some tactical aspects of advertising plans, including copy review, updating the agency on the latest developments of the brand and
category, and network approval.
5. Utilizes knowledge gained from various analysis and relations with members of the brand’s cross-functional team to develop clearly written
brand status reports.
6. Works closely with external marketing agencies to communicate brand strategy and ensures that the strategy is reflected in the executional
7. Provides Forecasting Manager with recommendations and insights based on knowledge gained from a working forecasting model, and relative
information provided by the brand’s cross-functional team.
8. Monitors activities initiated by Sales in order to ensure that retail programs are running in line with brand strategy. Communicates
changes in brand initiatives and strategies to Sales.
9. Together with Project Management Team, manages changes and development of packaging in a way that communicates the strategic
direction of the brand while still living within the confines of the regulatory and legal environment.
10. Learns and fully utilizes Bayer’s Marketing Excellence (MEx) Platform for brand development and marketing planning
WHAT BAYER OFFERS YOU
At Bayer we take care of you and offer you a wide range of excellent career prospects around the world, a modern working environment and a competitive compensation. There will be plenty of possibilities for you to grow and develop yourself. Additionally, you get to work with enthusiastic, professional and driven colleagues from around the world. We strive to hire the best, most talented people from around the world, and work to keep our employees as long as possible. Bring your enthusiasm and talent to a leading organization that has been awarded as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2018!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 8, 2018
If you are being referred by a Bayer employee, please ensure you identify the referring individual in your application.
Bayer welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Candidates participating in our selection process who need accommodation because of a disability or medical need, are encouraged to notify the Bayer representative that they will be meeting with so that appropriate arrangements can be made.