Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Assistant Category Advisor (Rosemont,IL)
The Assistant Category Advisor works cross-functionally, in collaboration with the Category Manager in supporting their account to leverage all data sources (ie syndicated and POS data) in order to optimize and provide actionable recommendations for pricing, promotion, shelving, and assortment with the goal of maximizing profit and shopper satisfaction. The Assistant Category Advisor leads analytical insight to action helping drive strategic and tactical initiatives to achieve category growth goals and provides category support typically for our largest customers.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Populates, gathers, organizes, develops and distributes reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Displays strong ability to interpret data from reporting
- Develops value added reporting based on insights from base/standard reporting
- Leads and develops reporting incorporating all data sources to deliver category objectives
- Leads appropriate insights generation with the Category Advisors oversight
- Leads modular, ad hoc, category reviews and business planning analysis through marketplace analytics to develop category and brand recommendations across the four sales controllables
- Leads analytical interpretation and data utilizing of best in class tools such as Retail Link, POS, Panel Data, JDA, Spectra, Richmix, Tableau, and other industry tools
- Owns and develops forward thinking ad hoc projects for the Category Advisor, Sr. Category Manager or Category Director
- Manages multiple competing priorities under demanding time constraints with a focus on accuracy and driving results
- With guidance, develops strategic recommendations based on insights to capitalize on opportunities to improve category performance
- Create and communicates fact-based selling stories to drive insight into action and utilize presentation skills to articulate the data to internal and external stakeholders, with Category Advisor's oversight
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (Insights, Shopper Marketing, etc) to leverage syndicated data and shopper insights in order to drive value of category initiatives
- Maintain strong business relationships with key customer contacts through frequent contact, delivering actionable objective insights and sharing of best practices and is seen as a contact for specific category questions/initiatives
- Provides mentorship to the junior category analysts on the team to ensure strong skill development
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of overall Consumer Packaged Goods experience to include a minimum of two years of experience in sales/category roles, with one year in category management or analytical activities
- Direct or Indirect retailer experience is preferred
- Must have produced competency in communication, specifically written, strong functional/technical skills, and the ability to manage a multi-project based workload
- Experience desired in the application of marketing research information (IRI, Nielsen, and Custom) as related to 4 sales controllables
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
United States : Illinois : Chicago
+ 1 888-473-1001, option #5