The primary responsibilities of this role, Administrative Assistant - Grower and Channel Marketing/Regional Product Management, are to:
The Administrative Assistant is accountable to their cost center managers for maintaining all administrative functions for their assigned departments which includes travel and event/meeting arrangements, catering, expense report verification and reconciliation, promotional inventory purchasing and shipment, word processing, presentation preparation, agenda preparation, assist in budget preparation and other administrative functions required by the Director, Grower and Channel Marketing, Crop and Campaign Managers, Product Managers – Regional Marketing..
- Process all invoices in a timely fashion through electronic control (SAP) and/or process systems as necessary in the daily operations of the company.
- Reconcile charges, quantities and good received to assure accuracy
- Process new vendor set up
- Liaise with suppliers on any incorrect billings or other disputes
- Process all requisitions (including entering information and receiving the product in the system).
- Receive and organize all back up documentation to support requisitions and receipt of goods.
- Verify adequate authorization has been obtained for all orders and receipts of goods.
- Assist staff in following proper protocols when making any purchases.
- Verify receipts to dollar amounts reported on expense claims, ensure proper allocation to the various expense items. Verify that adequate authorization has been obtained from appropriate signing authority.
- Process in a timely manner to ensure employees are reimbursed promptly.
- Track budgets cost centre and report discrepancies.
Communications and Meetings (internal and external)
- Organize room rentals, catering, restaurant reservations, equipment rental and invitations to those attending.
- Prepare Agendas and taking minutes.
- Receive and respond to phone calls and messages.
- Receive, compile and distribute reports as necessary.
- Provide suggestions on how to improve communications and processes in the office
- Receive/disburse internal and external memos and faxes.
- Organize flight arrangements, accommodations, and transportation for assigned business groups.
Administrative Support for Business teams
- Assist with the preparation of business documents including presentations, reports, spreadsheets, forms, invoices, memos etc.
- Assist in budget preparation and investigation of budget inquiries, maintain good record keeping of cost spending.
- Provide assistance to employees in administrative matters including new employee orientation to admin processes.
- Complete and maintain all projects and tasks in an efficient and prioritized fashion.
- Provide back up to reception and other admin responsibilities as required.
- Photocopying, filing, faxing.
- Provide a positive and professional image to all external parties and peers
- General Office coordination.
- Assist in promotional item selection, purchasing, shipping and receiving and distribute to sales reps, conferences, trade shows, grand openings, summer students and customers.
Who are you
Your success will be driven by your demonstrations of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possess the following:
- Completion of post-secondary office administration program (or experience/training equivalent) with 5 + years administrative experience.
- Intermediate to advanced computer knowledge and proficiency including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Experience in operating systems such as SAP and SharePoint would be an asset. Knowledge of these programs needs to be at a level to facilitate an efficient workflow of the department and all of its procedures.
- Proficient interpersonal and communication skills.
- Individual must be detailed oriented with meticulous attention to record keeping.
- Ability to prioritize multiple workloads to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize fluctuating workloads within separate departments.
- Strong organizational skills.