The Centre for Aging and Brain Health Innovation at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
SENIOR MARKETING SPECIALIST
TEMPORARY FULL TIME
70 Hours Bi-Weekly, Non-Union
The Marketing and Communications department is responsible for developing and executing communication strategies for a wide range of internal and external audiences that support CABHI’s strategic objectives. The team manages CABHI’s reputation and works with senior executives to manage issues and enhance the public perception of CABHI as a leader in aging and brain health innovation. It also manages numerous aspects of the CABHI’s brand, both internally and externally. Marketing and Communications will work collaboratively with the Baycrest Communications staff to ensure consistency and alignment of messaging.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops and executes a five-year marketing strategy for CABHI, with a focus on promotion and business development
- Provides competitive analysis on various organizations operating in CABHI’s marketplace to identify market trends, business models, methods of operation, and value propositions
- Works collaboratively with partners to identify and capitalize upon CABHI marketing opportunities such as events, conferences, symposia, etc., including administrative, logistical and on-the-ground support
- Collaborates with the Senior Communications Specialist & Communication Content Specialist to develop all marketing materials, both print and digital, including brochures, presentations, advertising, website, tradeshow booths, etc.
- Supports the branding exercise for CABHI, along with ongoing enforcement of branding guidelines
- Produces compelling and persuasive optimised content across various SEO and social media campaigns to maximise opportunities for engagement, indexing, ranking, click-through and conversion.
- Plans and delivers CRM activities such as: developing the CRM framework, monitoring and tracking relationships with existing stakeholders, creating key classification and organization categories within the CRM for reporting purposes, leveraging the CRM to use sales funnel tactics, developing KPI’s to monitor and report on business development activities (and adjust as required), and sharing information with internal stakeholders to keep them updated on business development activities
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- University degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications or relevant discipline required
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive experience, preferably in the healthcare technology sector, with a demonstrated track record of marketing successes
- Direct experience in developing marketing strategies with not-for-profit organizations, preferably in collaboration with for-profit firms
- Strong computer skills with high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- MS Office; photography; social media; blogging platforms (Wordpress preferred); Strong knowledge and experience in designing and developing web 2.0 internet applications such as online communities, forums, blogs, wikis, social bookmarking, social networking and other user-generated content, CRM (Salesforce)
- Ability to write, excellent verbal, listening and presentation skills
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and time/project management skills
- Exceptional organizational, planning and time/project management and edit with a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Ability to work in collaboration with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external to CABHI
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities while working in a flexible and adaptable manner
- Ability to work independently with supervision sought as needed and take initiative
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: April 5, 2019
Posting # 19-0108
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.