Are you an experienced project manager, looking for a new role in a company offering a positive environment, autonomy, and the chance to work on varied and interesting interior construction projects?
We’re Baycrest Project and Construction Management (https://www.baycrestgc.com/) , and we have what you’re looking for.
We’re a comprehensive project and construction management company with over 25 years of experience building and updating commercial, retail, and institutional spaces across Canada.
We are a group of dedicated professionals, firmly committed to a standard of excellence in service and quality. Our reputation speaks for itself, and so do our results – in the last three years, we’ve grown over 85%, with tons of opportunity to continue expanding into new industries and verticals.
Your dedication to the quality of your work is what makes you stand out – it’s what makes us stand out too. That’s why we need you, to help complete our team as our new Project Manager!
What you’ll be doing:
As our new Construction Project Manager, your primary goal will be the effective, timely, and profitable delivery of our interior construction projects. Using your excellent interpersonal, organization, and problem-solving skills, you’ll ensure client satisfaction through high-quality project outcomes.
Practically speaking, you will:
* Manage all project documentation including budget/costs
* Develop and coordinate project schedules and liaise with, organize, and direct key stakeholders (project coordinators, construction supervisors, trades, etc.)
* Visiting project sites, and holding regular site meetings, to ensure projects are proceeding according to plans and schedules
* Lead project meetings to update our internal team, clients, and other stakeholders (e.g. designers, architects) on project progress, any relevant updates
* Monitor, interpret, and forecast a project’s cost reports ensuring they are in line with estimates
Your biggest strength is your ability to collaborate and develop positive relationships with all stakeholders involved in the execution of our projects. You’re a team player by nature and understand the impact that excellent collaboration and communication has on project outcomes.
You’re also a self-starter known for your initiative, positive attitude, and willingness to learn. And here, there’s a lot to learn, and tons of opportunity for growth. We’re rapidly growing which means there are boundless opportunities to make your mark and have a real impact on our team as we evolve.
If that sounds exciting, then we can’t wait to meet you!
Working with Baycrest Project and Construction Management
We are proud to be leaders in our industry – something we couldn’t have achieved without the amazing team we’ve built over the last 25 years. Many of our staff have been with us since the start – we think that says a lot about the kind of environment we have. We’re highly professional, with a collaborative and harmonious team who are driven to do what’s best for our staff and our company.
This is a full-time permanent role, with a competitive salary. Compensation will be commensurate with experience, and you’ll also have full benefits, RRSP matching, and company provided phone. You can expect regular travel to job sites (up to 50% of your time), mainly within the GTA, with all travel costs reimbursed.
What Makes You an Ideal Candidate
Here’s what we need:
* Minimum 5+ years of ICI construction project management experience
* Experience in project planning, budget management and reporting, scheduling, and client management
* Experience managing projects with a value upwards of $500,000
* Experience with corporate interiors and retail construction experience
* Strong technical skills with experience using relevant project management / construction software (MS Project, MS Excel, Sage 100 Contractor or similar)
* Valid driver’s license and access to your own vehicle
* Degree/diploma in relevant field (civil engineering, construction project management, or related)
And here’s what would be an asset:
* PMP certification
* Gold Seal certification
How to Apply
Our online application gives you the chance to apply as more than just a resume. We’ll assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, which should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll be able to view your results.
We strive to build diverse teams that reflect the community, and encourage applications from underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.