Baycrest has an opportunity for an
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, LONG-TERM CARE
Full Time, Non-Union
The Executive Director, Long-Term Care will be the administrator and have complete oversight of the operations of the Apotex Centre, Jewish Home for the Aged (“Apotex Centre”), a 472-bed long-term care facility with a budget of approximately $40M. The Executive Director will spearhead the implementation of a new operating model and leadership structure for the Apotex Centre as a “best in class” home for seniors care. This new leader will work with us to create an organizational structure that better aligns accountability.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all care and support operations that impact the resident experience
- Lead transformative care initiatives to create and sustain an exceptional resident experience and a culture focusing on innovation, clinical service optimization, collaboration with key partners and exceptional quality outcomes
- Be a passionate advocate for long-term care and continue to advance the exceptionality of the Apotex Centre
- Model clinical care imperatives of inter-professional collaboration, empowerment and person-centred care by enabling remarkable performance at point of care, as well as support a culture of learning, innovation, and growth
- Be an innovative change leader focusing on transforming the operating and care model by emphasizing community partnerships, service excellence and quality outcomes
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Master’s degree in a related discipline is preferred; a combination of an undergraduate degree with significant senior management and leadership experience will be considered
- Current Long-Term Care Administrator Certificate required
- 10 years of progressive leadership experience with a track record of success in a client-focused and complex multi-stakeholder and partner environment
- Extensive LTC experience and knowledge of LTC funding
- Thorough knowledge of the Long-Term Care Act and Regulations, Nursing Home Act, and other pertinent Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations
- Experience in building and sustaining strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, including government, community service organizations and funders
- Exceptional relationship developer capable of inspiring teams and working with organizational partners to facilitate change while fostering a culture of creativity and innovation
- Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse populations and volunteers
- An engaged leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a record of achievement in leading change in dynamic environments
- Experience working in an organization with an invested and well-established community base of support
- Broad knowledge of the changing health care environment and awareness of current trends and best practices in long-term care
- Exceptional ability to communicate and promote a vision with a sense of urgency, enthusiasm and drive for results
- A change agent, inspiring collaborative leader and engaged team player
- A pragmatic optimist with the courage and foresight to implement change
- Highly self-directed with a capacity for leading and executing competing initiatives and projects in changing environments
- Decisiveness, action-orientation, personal integrity, capability to preserve in difficult situations and focus on strategic leadership issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High emotional intelligence, continually seeking to understand and act upon internal and external client and staff needs, concerns and priorities
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: November 22, 2018
Posting # 18-0634
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.