Long established successful East Bay food ingredient importer/distributor looking to hire full-time experienced Outside Sales Representatives.
The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of food ingredients, baking, pastry experience and have an entrepreneurial approach to business. Bakers and Chefs are encouraged to apply. Responsibilities will include: sales, service, and providing product knowledge to customers, as well as, grow business within assigned territory. The primary focus will be to continuously seek new business opportunities.
- Increase sales growth in the assigned territory.
- Establish and maintain a target account list.
- Compile lists of prospective customers to include: medium to large bakeries and food processing companies.
- Develop actions to grow existing and or new business.
- Prepare territory analysis, pre-call planning, and successful sales calls with existing and potential customers.
- Present monthly progress reports to management on status of target accounts, including estimated sales in dollars and units.
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Present products via samples and product catalog, showcasing features of products and services.
- Communicate pricing to customers while maintaining margin structure as assigned.
- Provide customer service with orders and ETAs of deliveries.
- Follow up on ALL customer requests and inquiries to ensure a timely and appropriate response with focus on customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate collection of customer payments with accountability of receivables.
- Notify management of all competitive market information related the bakery ingredients industry.
- Communicate to management as instructed via telephone, in person, and email.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and safety rules as stated in the Employee Handbook and otherwise posted or communicated.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Compensation & Benefits
- Annual salary $60,000 - $90,000
- Incentive program
- Automobile allowance
- Two week vacation accrual for first year of employment
- Paid sick leave accrual
- Six paid annual holidays
- After 90 of employment: 100% company covered medical and dental insurance for team member; 401K 3% company match
- Company profit sharing program
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $60,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year