WHO WE ARE
BAYCAT is an innovative nonprofit media production company comprised of a Studio and an Academy which exists to end racial, gender, and economic inequities by opening the media industry to underrepresented storytellers. Through the education and employment of low-income youth, young people of color, and young women in the Bay Area — and through our production work for socially-minded clients — we are changing the stories that get shared with the world.
WHAT WE CARE ABOUT. OUR VALUES.
- Creating positive social change through storytelling, design & media.
- Giving a voice to those misrepresented or underrepresented.
- Doing well and doing good. As a social enterprise, we're a sustainable nonprofit business model.
- Excellence. The highest quality of services in education and media production.
- Building community, inclusion & equity.
You are a dynamic, responsible and resourceful leader that will partner with the Director of
Development to create and implement short-term and long-term development plans for this exciting nonprofit social enterprise. This generally entails developing and implementing a growth strategy for the future, organizing outreach efforts and managing relationships with the organization's new and existing donors.
You are comfortable translating big picture strategy into clear and detailed action plans. You have excellent project management skills, are extremely organized, customer service oriented, a strong communicator and values-driven team player who loves to raise money, and who has a strong commitment to our mission, and the desire to grow professionally.
This position reports to the Director of Development at BAYCAT and manages the Grants and
Development Coordinator. You will project manage the implementation of the individual, grants and corporate fundraising strategies. You will help design and implement new strategies to increase giving across the board but with particular focus on individuals and corporations.
- Provide support to Development Director for cultivation & management of new donors;
- Build and maintain existing relationships to sustain revenues through government, corporate, foundation support, individual donors and events;
- Design and implement strategies and work plans to deepen relationships with new and existing supporters including events, in-person meetings/calls/emails and through written copy that highlights our organization; and
- Exercise resourcefulness to cultivate and steward donors that currently support BAYCAT to create a high-quality donor experiences that leads to consistency in giving and increase gift levels year over year.
Expand Our Audiences & Partners:
- Research, cultivate and solicit new funding sources;
- Design and implement strategies to grow our mailing list;
- Oversee content creation and utilize Google Ad Grants to increase our online reach;
- Draft and implement drip campaigns to move supporters through levels of engagement; and
- Coordinate fundraising campaigns like our end of year appeal.
Coordinate Efforts and Build Infrastructure:
- Map out implementation plan and timeline to execute the grants, individuals and corporate giving strategies;
- Build relationships across internal departments;
- Manage meeting agendas for team meetings and development events;
- Support the management of the BAYCAT team's use of Salesforce to streamline our development efforts, ensure efficient information capture, workflow and reporting; and
- Provide leadership and perform other duties as agency needs require.
Manage the Grants and Development Coordinator:
- Oversee the Grants and Development Coordinator to ensure the grants work plan is implemented with great success; and support their learning and growth; and
- Work with the Directors Team to build a strong, inclusive and fun work environment
- Plan and execute fundraising/cultivation/donor appreciation events, including a 300+ person gala, managing all aspects of event operations and logistics, including managing invite and
RSVP lists and liaising with venue and vendors;
- Manage, organize and report accurately fundraising data to a variety of audiences;
- Work with Grants and Development Coordinator to develop content for outreach efforts and giving appeals;
- Assist with regular communications through e-news, blog posts and social media networks; and
- Project manage fundraising communications materials with BAYCAT's graphic design/media team.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a passion and commitment to work with local underserved communities;
- Has worked in development for 3 or more years;
- Detailed-minded with the ability to prioritize;
- Is a good problem solver;
- Has initiative and drive, ability to self-start;
- Knowledge of project management software, Asana, and Salesforce a plus;
- Provides great customer service and can build relationships with our wide-ranging stakeholders from students, families, BAYCAT Studio clients to donors;
- Calm under pressure & thinks quickly to solve problems as they arise; and
- Is committed to personal and professional growth, and are aligned with BAYCAT's core values.
- This is a permanent full-time salaried position.
- This role includes benefits.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume and link to writing samples. The position is open until filled. No phone calls, please.
EOE. We Strive for a Workforce as Diverse as the Community We Serve.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- Development: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused