HR Business Partner
Our client in the manufacturing industry is in search of a Human Resources Business Partner that will advise and service designated client groups on Human Resources strategies and programs aligned to enable the business to achieve its goals. This is a hands-on role with full spectrum generalist responsibilities ranging from being the lead HR partner for the Division leadership team, to providing end to end servicing for their employees on all Human Resources matters. This role will also be involved in and contribute to corporate Human Resources initiatives and projects as required.
- Functioning as the first point of contact for multiple divisions on HR matters; manage and provide services in Employee Relations, Staffing and Recruiting, Performance Management, Employee Orientation, Talent Management and Training and Development.
- Work in collaboration with the Director, to help resolve specific matters
- Promote and coach managers and employees on HR programs, policies and processes
- Support the annual processes for performance management, compensation and talent review
- With strong understanding and experience of employment legislation, lead the prompt resolution of employee relations issues and initiate proactive measures to minimize related matters
- Build trust and credibility with all employee groups to create a safe, supportive and open environment
- Active participation/support in the corporate HR responsibilities for organizational development projects and specific corporate accountabilities.
- Participate as a member of the larger HR team in pursuing assigned accountabilities and team projects, always being mindful of corporate as well as client group goals, and the overall goals of the HR team must be met
- Maintain reporting tools and techniques to capture and distribute meaningful data and metrics related to HR areas
- Remain current in market trends, legislation and best practices to continue to keep the company diligent in the best employee experience and initiate novel approaches where appropriate.
5 to 7 years progressive experience as a Human Resources Generalist or Human Resources Supervisor
Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business, or Related Discipline
CHRL designation preferred
Expertise in HR legislation with extensive experience in Employee Relations
Experience in Training and Development an asset
Strong presentation, facilitation, consulting and relationship building skills
Experience and ability to work effectively in diverse environments including corporate as well production, yard and manufacturing.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year