DRI Capital Inc. (DRI) is the longest-standing pharmaceutical royalty private investment fund manager. Over the last 16 years, DRI has become the global leader in pharmaceutical royalty investing through extensive expertise and institutional knowledge. Based in Toronto, the firm was founded in 1992 as Drug Royalty Corporation to purchase royalty streams on pharmaceutical products and to make healthcare equity investments. In 1993, the firm was listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange and remained publicly traded until 2002 when it was purchased and taken private.
Today, DRI Capital is a fully-integrated team of over 30 professionals and support staff focused on identifying, assessing, acquiring, financing and managing pharmaceutical royalty assets across the globe.
DRI is looking for a highly-motivated and results-driven individual to join our team as a Director. Reporting to a Managing Director at the firm, this interesting and challenging position will provide the right person with a unique opportunity to learn about our global private equity business and further expand their life sciences related experience in an international setting.
The role involves being a member of the DRI Investing Team, with a focus on transaction origination. The successful candidate would be expected to add value to the firm as a whole, including:
- Leading conference planning, idea generation for pitches, account coverage, identifying themes and account needs
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Conducting assessments of the scientific, medical, commercial and technical attractiveness of potential investment opportunities
- Preparing clinical profiles of products of interest, as well as the profiles of current and future competitors for these products
- Generating inputs for and constructing global patient-based forecasting models of pharmaceutical, device, and diagnostic products
- Preparing presentations to communicate research findings and forecasts to the Investing Team and/or Leadership Team, creating deal sourcing material (opportunity profiles, drug reviews, biographical materials) and deal meeting materials (presentations and pitch books)
- Liaising with other deal team members and senior management on transactions and strategic initiatives.
The DRI core values are "team work", "integrity" and "drive to win." Accordingly, the candidate we are looking for will demonstrate the following:
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal and well-developed relationship management skills
- A track record of hard work and success
- Strong scientific aptitude and curiosity
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex ideas into concise, compelling content
- Ability to determine the right questions to ask and the drive to find the answers
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and a proactive nature
- Ability to work well in a high pressure, time-sensitive, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to interact effectively and across various groups (i.e. accounting, finance, investment professionals) and to engender trust and confidence of senior management at all levels
Qualified candidates will have:
- 5+ years' experience in a licensing and / or business development role
- A degree in Life Sciences or other relevant programs such as Pharmacy and/or biotechnology
- An MBA or MSc would be considered an asset
- An existing knowledge of the global healthcare industry
- A demonstrated track record of sourcing transactions from an existing network of relationships and building new relationships
- A quantitative aptitude, and experience with financial analysis
- Possess the requisite Microsoft Office skills, with a proficiency in Excel
This position is located in Toronto and offers compensation commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to citing the position title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their response, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.