As a member of the Guest Services team, the primary role of the Guest Services Sales Associate is to be the first point of contact for Aquarium of the Bay. Guest Services Sales Associates will interact with guests and provide exceptional customer service in the areas of ticket sales, promotions, the gift store and operations. Additionally, the Guest Services Sales Associate has a direct impact and responsibility for revenue generation.
This position reports to the Department Manager.
PRIMARY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Regular, reliable attendance and punctuality are essential functions and are required 100% of the time
- Associates are required to work up to an 8 hour shift during the hours of 8am and 7pm, or 7am and 9pm seasonally (with either an additional thirty minute or one-hour unpaid lunch mid-shift depending on the shift)
- Full Time Associates must be available to work 5 days a week- including weekends and holidays depending on needs of the department.
- Adheres to all organizational policies and procedures including, but not limited to, attendance, uniform, and grooming standards
- Active participation in commission and incentive programs
Guest Services Sales Associate:
- Aim to exceed guest expectations in all interactions and transactions, in all areas of responsibility (gift stores, ticket booths, front desk, galleries, and at all other bay.org / bay ecotarium premises)
- Proactively engage customers through greetings, question asking and steps out from behind the counter to interact with guests
- Accurately listens to guests to suggest the most appropriate products
- Provide excellent customer service through knowledge of all Aquarium features, products offered, and local attractions, including ticket and upgrade options available to guests
- Drive sales and participate in department sales incentives through up-selling during all scheduled shifts
- Responsible for thorough and accurate cash handling and proficient ticket and merchandise sales transactions
- Strong housekeeping practices to help promote cleanliness for guest and employee safety in all spaces Associate is scheduled to work
- Provide event staffing for all Aquarium special events and programs, including some late nights and weekends
- Team player able to perform additional functions as assigned
- Desire to provide a positive and memorable start and end to all guest's visits; be an exceptional "face" of our organization
- Proactively maintain sales floor in a clean, neat and organized fashion; preform stock duties as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned
The ideal team member will be energetic, outgoing, and patient. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Be able to cover other shifts as needed
- Cash handling skills including reconciliation, audit, and security
- Basic math and computer skills, including problem-solving skills
- Ability to generate revenue through guest interaction
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Some college or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of customer service and sales experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to speak effectively before groups and/or individuals
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand (for up to 8 hours), sit, walk, and reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The position requires walking on concrete floors, wet, dirty, uneven surfaces and climbing stairs, standing, and intervals of time outdoors in varying environmental conditions. Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- This is a full-time, 5 days a week, non-exempt position
- Evening, weekend and holidays are required
- Shifts are scheduled based on operation hours and may change as deemed necessary for business purposes.
- During non-seasonal operating hours, Associate must be available for shifts scheduled between the hours of 8am and 7pm
- During extended seasonal operating hours, Associate must be available for shifts scheduled between the hours of 7am and 9pm
- Other shifts may be scheduled based on the needs of the operations
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume with subject: Guest Services Sales Associate
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.25 /hour
- sales: 3 years (Required)
- San Francisco, CA (Required)