Bay City Flower Company, an established nursery/greenhouse operation with over 100 years in business, is looking for a National Account Sales associate to work in an agricultural setting. Non-commission, wholesale sales. Bay City Flower Company grows, sells and ships ornamental potted plants nationwide and distributes to grocery chains, mass merchants, garden centers, florists and wholesalers.
SUMMARY: Manage existing sales business as well as developing and executing the company's strategies for key national retailers.
- Demonstrated passion for selling.
- Effectively manage all areas of business responsibilities including: sales, forecasting, internal and external communication, reporting, administrative and customer service.
- Monitor sales and analyze performance trends to identify issues and opportunities.
- Plan and execute customer focused sales functions, sales presentations and business reviews.
- Understand and evaluate Floral category segments and potential expansion.
- Develop and maintain an active relationship and dialogue with the customers at all levels of the organization.
- Assist in the collaborative planning process to improve customer planning and alignment.
- Provide analytical support to senior management in planning new product launches and existing product expansions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS Degree in business, Horticulture, Agriculture, related field or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years sales and key account experience.
- Strong leader with excellent communication, influencing, negotiation, and analytical skills.
- Exhibit ability to develop high quality relationships based on trust and integrity with the appropriate customer contacts to drive growth.
- Demonstrate flexibility to adapt to quickly changing business environment and varying priorities.
- Must be able to coordinate and prioritize high work volume and pressing time requirements.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Second language a plus.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (specifically Excel) required computer skills using the Microsoft software (word, excel, PPT).
This position reports to the Sales Manager.
Benefits: Paid holidays, paid vacation and other benefits.
Job Type: Full-time