Job Purpose: Provide wrap around case management services for up to 50 youth and young adults between the ages of 14 -24 who identify as being marginalized, in risk, system involved, violence involved, undocumented and/or in crisis.
Location: San Francisco, California
Classification: Full-time employee
Compensation: $42,000 - $52,000 annual salary DOE
Benefited Position (medical, dental, vision)
- Conduct literacy, numeracy, behavioral, mindset and risk assessments of youth/ TAY to
identify and address wraparound barriers, behaviors and corresponding characteristics that
hinder stability and functionality
- Generate thorough individual service plans consisting of supportive services, resources,
referrals and linkage to promote stability and functionality
- Build and maintain strong rapport with youth/TAY so participant identifies you as a key
figure in their supportive network
- Develop relationships and maintain communication with supportive network, providers and
stakeholders to case conference, strategize and coordinate care for youth/TAY
- Ensure youth/TAY are adhering to individual plan and implement motivational techniques to
keep youth/TAY engaged
- Meet with youth/TAY on a weekly to monthly basis, depending on risk level and the need to
formally monitor progress or regression of individual service plan
- Work with youth in setting and reaching self identified educational, professional and
behavioral short and long term goals
- Responsible for maintaining detailed case notes and regular input of participant information
into database systems and spreadsheets
- Attend school meetings, court hearings, other necessary appointments and act as advocate
- Responsible for writing character, recommendation and progress letters/reports for court
and/or other institutions
- Build partnerships and collaborations leading to progressive outcomes for participants
- Internal submission of reports reflecting all efforts and participant's status
- Represent CHALK at networking and partnership meetings and events
- Attend regular staff meetings for case conferencing and/or programmatic discussions
BACR is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity
- Attend trainings and workshops for professional development to better serve participants
- Conduct job through a youth development approach while acting in correspondence to BACR
and CHALK Mission, Best Practices, Core Values and Philosophy
- Ability to work full-time with possible weekends and ability to be on-call
- Must pass fingerprint Live Scan clearance
- Must possess valid California driver's license
- Possession of bachelor degree in Criminal Justice, Psychology, Sociology, any related field
OR has 2 years' experience in field
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be familiar with restorative justice and trauma informed care
- Must be familiar with the framework or practice or youth development
- Ability to work under pressure and provide crisis intervention
- 2+ years experience in case management
- 2+ years working with youth/TAY who are system involved, including experience
communicating with Probation Officers, Attorneys, providing court advocacy and navigating
the court system
- 2+ years experience serving undocumented youth and familiarity with current immigration
law and policies affecting youth/TAY population
- 2+ years providing supportive services, referrals and resources to high risk youth
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary events facing youth/TAY for better serving
and supporting this population
- Bilingual in Spanish (to serve monolingual Spanish speaking youth)
BACR promotes the healthy development of individuals, families and communities through direct services, volunteerism and partnerships in the Bay Area.
BACR Best Practices
We persevere, are dependable and act with integrity.
We recognize the needs and strengths of customers and support their development.
We are continuous learners - stretching, growing and innovating.
We build healthy relationships and are guided by a caring heart.
Our services are based on proven models and methods.
We work within communities and build alliances to meet community needs.
We focus on results.
We are humble, hopeful and have a sense of humor.
Submissions must include cover letter, resume and references
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,000.00 to $52,000.00 /hour
- case management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Gym memberships or discounts