Sales Manager - General Market
REPORTS TO: General Sales Manager
LOCATION: Alameda / Contra Costa Counties
In your role as General Market Sales Manager you are primarily responsible for managing all sales activities in the General Market. You champion Bay Area Beverage culture and values. You provide leadership, guidance and support needed to attain the commitment of all your team members and to motivate them to achieve or exceed sales goals. Improve the performance of the Sales Department through training, work days with salesmen and supplier support
As our General Market Sales Manager, you
- Establish specific, measurable and achievable objectives compatible with company and supplier priorities for all team members.
- Manage (hire, train, develop, discipline, reward) a staff of 30 team members:
- 4 District Managers (Direct)
- 2 Relief Sales Representatives (Indirect)
- 17 Sales Representatives (Indirect)
- 7 merchandisers (indirect)
- Achieve the forecasted sales volume for Bay Area Beverage based on the execution of Company
initiatives including Post-Offs, Incentives, special promotions and points of distribution.
- Analyze company performance monthly and create strategic plans if trends do not indicate budget delivery plan.
- Maintain company quality control standards through periodic policy reviews with team and regular, random field audits of your team members' accounts
- Participate in Double Team days to help Sales Representatives and District Manager achieve Company objectives.
- Observe the retail landscape and report new developments with recommendations to the leadership team.
- Work with supplier representatives to develop business plans and execute key priorities and strategies.
- Work flexible hours, which might include early morning (i.e. 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends.
- Occasional travel involved.
Qualifications for our General Market Sales Manager include
- A Bachelors' Degree in Business Administration or related field and 3-5 years' experience in a sales management role within the beverage distribution or supplier community, or a High School diploma/GED and 5 - 7 years Sales Management experience leading high functioning sales teams within the beverage distribution or supplier community
- A valid California Driver License, current auto insurance and a clean DMV record
- 21 years' old
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Sound critical and conceptual thinking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Good computer skills, including Excel and Word
Additional traits that define our General Market Sales Manager include
- The ability to identify market opportunities and make "out-of-the-box" recommendations
- Team player with a "can-do" attitude
- Total customer service orientation
- Strong follow-up and follow through skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Clean Driving Record: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)