The Operations Development Program (ODP) is an early career talent program focused on developing future Baxter leaders with a strong foundation in Baxter plant operations. Comprised of 4 six-month assignments in the US and Puerto Rico, rotations are designed to provide associates with a well-rounded view of Baxter’s manufacturing processes and systems. The ODP Associate will gain valuable experience including but not limited to Manufacturing Operations, Quality, Supply Chain, Operations Excellence, Strategy, and Engineering.
Incumbent will become skillful in a broad range of Operations responsibilities such as:
- Quality Assurance—ensure adequate adherence and deployment of quality systems such as batch record review, product release, change control, exception management, and product annual reviews
- Supply Chain—will learn Manufacturing, Quality and Regulatory processes and understand how a supply chain is influenced or affected by each
- Understanding manufacturing systems and structures in order to apply improvements in current rotational area
- Reviewing and analyzing data using applicable information systems, databases and established tools within the area· Highlighting data findings based on this analysis and recommending actions to improve specific operational approach
Bachelor’s degree in operations, supply chain, engineering, or quality-related field or Hard Sciences (BioChemistry, Chemistry, Microbiology) required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent academic standing
- Previous internship or Co-Op (preferred)
- Demonstrated Leadership skills to include personal accountability, decision quality, customer focus, drive for results, integrity, trust and influencing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfort with change and ambiguity
- Demonstrated initiator and self-driven nature
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to solve technical problems
- Flexibility to work in assignments across functions and locations in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness and commitment to relocate within the U.S. four times during the two year program and potentially upon completion of the program
- No allergies to Penicillin or Cephalosporin (applicable to Round Lake rotation only)
- Candidates must be already authorized to be legally employed on an on-going basis in the United States
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.