Baxter Kitchens is a family owned and operated bakery located in Toronto, Ontario. Everything we bake is hand crafted with care from scratch, using only the finest ingredients available, giving all of our products their delicious homemade flavor.
Baxter's is seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious Sales and Marketing assistantto join the Sales & Marketing Team. This position will ensure positive and professional interaction with all customers to secure and develop sales of our products. In addition, you must be comfortable making outbound calls, generating leads, cold calling and closing sales. This role will require excellent communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Develop, leverage and maintain relationships with current accounts, by visiting them, providing product updates, recommending additional products and advising of future promotions.
- Assist the Sales and Marketing Manager with food photography, creating and updating marketing catalogues and sell sheets.
- Assist the Sales and Marketing Manager with researching potential customers, cold calling and closing leads.
- Assist the order desk, with orders, updating customer information and customer service duties.
- Assist the sales and marketing manager with sample drop offs, key pick ups and customer check-ins.
- Meet sales targets.
- Attend trade shows as required
- 2 - 3 years of experience in sales and marketing experience.
- Post-secondary educational background in Communications, Marketing or Business.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal Skills
- Knowledge of Social Media Advertising platforms (including paid advertising) - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, WordPress, Photography
- Must possess strong organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Strong sense of urgency and meeting deadlines, ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with short turn-around campaigns and deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience in decision making, strategic thinking, and problem solving.
- Valid passport is required for occasional travel outside of Canada.
- Previous Bakery Industry experience is an asset**
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)