WHO WE ARE:
BaubleBar is the first fashion accessories brand to leverage real-time data across the entire design process, establishing itself as the go-to brand for unparalleled selection and style guidance at a guilt-free price point. Formally launched in 2011, BaubleBar has since expanded into a unique multi-channel, multi-brand, and multi-category company. Company culture is built on trust, empowerment, and autonomy - teams create what they believe is most important for the company's success. The Company's original guiding mission still rings true today - fashion should be fun! BaubleBar is committed to keeping experimenting with trends easier than ever.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Baublebar is seeking an entrepreneurial-minded self-starter with a passion for the product creation process. The Senior Product Development Manager will work closely with the merchandising team, providing leadership in conceiving, developing, managing and delivering products that meet BaubleBar's standards for design. You are accountable for on time delivery of all product development projects, and in meeting pre-established quality standards and pre-determined target costs.
A Senior Product Development Manager is well versed in manufacturing processes, product engineering, trade regulations, production cycle timelines, material performance, and sample construction. This role must also have an understanding of cross functional team dependencies. We are seeking someone who has a detailed understanding of market trends across price points and can identify emerging constructions and materials and parlay that knowledge into factory capability explorations.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable working within a start-up environment and be familiar with all elements of the below outlined responsibilities, both as a "thinker" and a "doer." You will also be comfortable building a business and scaling beyond the expectations. You're able to change the thinking and behavior of others without generating resentment. Efficient, creative, strategic, rigorous and resourceful are all key traits that will make the candidate successful.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- Manage team for meeting calendar deadlines to ensure that products are delivered on time and within gross profit goals
- Serve as the primary resource regarding cost, market, and technical matters for your category.
- Develop rapport and credibility with leadership.
- Responsible for meeting design, function and quality goals.
- Establish strong working relationships with cross-functional divisional teams to ensure product success.
- Manage the development calendar and ensure that the team is meeting the required deadlines with accuracy and efficiency.
- Management of all direct reports and administrative responsibilities relating to direct reports, demonstrating strong leadership skills.
- Lead the product development team through the execution and maintenance of the factory sourcing and allocation strategy.
- Constantly evaluate and support evolution of the product development process through education of development team and process change.
- Ensure that all products are engineered in accordance with cost targets.
- Work closely with the production team to manage and resolve any quality issues post production.
- Lead the weekly product review meetings and speak effectively to value, cost, outcome, and specifications of all product.
- Manage a very sku intensive development catalog with the ability to quickly recall similar previous product costs and constructions and use past knowledge to evolve future designs.
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Merchandising, Design or equivalent years of experience.
- 7-10 years of experience in product development, design or production in jewelry manufacturing.
- Exceptionally strong problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Effective and persuasive speaking abilities.
- Ability to provide leadership, supervision and direction to peers.
- Demonstrated experience in managing product gross margin and operating expense.
- Strong Excel knowledge.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and thrive in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Exceptionally strong troubleshooting and solution seeking.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced setting.
- Strong quantitative, verbal and written communication skills.