WHO WE ARE:
BaubleBar is the first fashion accessories brand to leverage real-time data across the entire design process, establishing itself as the go-to brand for unparalleled selection and style guidance at a guilt-free price point. Formally launched in 2011, BaubleBar has since expanded into a unique multi-channel, multi-brand, and multi-category company. Company culture is built on trust, empowerment, and autonomy - teams create what they believe is most important for the company's success. The Company's original guiding mission still rings true today - fashion should be fun! BaubleBar is committed to keeping experimenting with trends easier than ever.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
BaubleBar is currently seeking a Product Development Assistant to join our team. You will be responsible for coordinating and maintaining the day-to-day development procedures for both current and new jewelry items, under the direction of the Product Development Manager. The Product Development Assistant works with the Product Development team to learn the entire product development process from initial design to product development and bulk production. As our PD Assistant you will have the opportunity to collaborate with merchandising, design, sourcing as well as production, and communicate with our factories on a daily basis. This position requires close attention to styling, assortment, timing and pricing.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- Assist with the product development for in-house jewelry and accessories product
- Act as the liaison between the design team and the vendors, facilitating the creation of sample prototypes.
- Communicates design, material and details to vendors and ensure samples are ready for market meetings.
- Collect and monitor the development and production schedules, ensuring individual and team calendar deadlines are met.
- Support the Product Development Manager in the initial costing negotiation of jewelry including the preparation of estimated cost during line planning.
- Assist with the preparation of seasonal milestone meetings with cross functional teams.
- Update product history and costing details through various databases.
- Support in weekly meetings with merchandising/design teams and assist in communicating the required actions with the vendor.
- Bring a high level of creativity, attention to detail and efficiency while working under tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be enthusiastic about expanding your skill set and working on a broad range of projects.
- Stay knowledgeable about industry standards and trends.
- Bachelor's Degree in fashion merchandising or related degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of fashion product development experience.
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Highly organized with a tremendous attention to detail.
- Level headed and proactive in problem solving.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of all work, within a fast paced environment.
- Strong sense of fashion.
- Someone who truly LOVES creating amazing product at the right price, whose passion is evident in their work and who has a great sense of humor and outlook on life.