Software Engineers are an essential part of Battlefy's Product Team. Working closely with designers and product managers, we implement and maintain the user interface and production systems. We make the most of modern tools like React, Storybook, ES6, and even our next-generation apps are built with React Native.
In Vancouver, the Engineering team is building world-class software to ensure our global customers, players, and organizers have a great esports experience on Battlefy.
We value passion and drive but we also believe that diversity is the key to success for every high growth technology startup. We welcome people from all walks of life.
What are examples of work that Software Engineers have done at Battlefy?
- Our tournament platform processes millions of competitive matches for hundreds of different games across the globe. By integrating new partners, we can improve how we automatically score report matches and improve how we can surface game stats to help competitive communities improve their play.
- We built lightning tournaments, a feature that allows communities of players to queue up and automatically be entered into a tournament that they want to compete in for prizes without having to wait.
- We built our own avatar system called The Armoury, which lets players customize and promote their online gaming identity. Players can also purchase different inventory items like headgear, faces, and armour.
- We built the Battlefy Wallet, which lets users purchase Coins. Coins can be used to purchase Strongboxes which contain items for their avatars.
- We built real-time communications and notifications for matches so players can discuss subs, talk about scheduling, and even resolve conflicts/cheating. In addition to that, our notifications ensure that millions of players don't miss their next competitive match.
- We built a world-class technology platform that powers esports infrastructure for companies like Amazon, Riot Games, Blizzard Entertainment, Electronic Arts, Nintendo, Red Bull, Coca Cola, Bud Light, AMD, Alienware and many more.