General Description (major areas of responsibility of this position):
A person in this position is responsible to safely drive a class B or C vehicle, not requiring a CDL, to regularly perform deliveries to support customer purchases and improved relationship (which may include managing and replenishing consignments), recovering used batteries, performing customer installations, and performing warehouse tasks associated with shipping, receiving, labeling, loading, inventory control, reconditioning used batteries, and battery maintenance, assists in training others, and records the successful processes and procedures required to carry out all functions. May perform deliveries requiring DOT HOS records and medical clearance. Experience with safe driving practices and material handling equipment and processes is significant. Excellence is demonstrated consistently and process improvements are contributed.
- Supports the development and maintenance of well-documented departmental performance standards, policies, and procedures.
- Participates in regular department meetings and coordinates with supervisor to develop and achieve realistic goals and effective strategies.
- Demonstrates, tracks, and provides feedback to supervisor on efficiency and accuracy
- Regularly offers suggestions and participates in process improvement
- Supports neat, organized, clean, and safe work area
- Maintains established safety rules and practices
- Immediately reports any safety incidents to supervisor
- Makes sure the proper materials are on hand when performing each process
- Makes sure tools and equipment are in good working order; reports non-working tools and equipment to supervisor
- Demonstrates good judgment in using tools, equipment, etc. when non-standard situation arises.
- Makes effective use of work time, and performs required duties in a timely manner
- Cooperates with others
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
- Securely and safely load order on truck/van.
- Drive orders to customer locations and greet customer.
- Offload order, check for damage, obtain customer signature on invoice
- Place order in customer's inventory, rotate stock, and clean/dust inventory
- Verify that customer stock is undamaged
- Remove junk batteries and store properly on truck/van
- Communicate promotions to customer, ask if there is any other need, and thank them
- Evaluate customer sites for additional sales opportunities and communicate to branch manager
- Develop used battery routes and increase used battery collection
- Distributes incoming shipments to proper location.
- Ensures proper quantities are pulled and accurately recorded. If shortages occur, quantities are reported
- Properly stores and maintains received items. Makes sure locations are clearly marked with part number. Clearly marks locations with overflow location if items need extra storage space
- Operates hand truck/pallet jack in a safe manner.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour
- Forklift Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- material handling: 1 year (Preferred)
- delivery driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off