A person in this position is responsible to safely drive a class B vehicle, requiring a CDL (requiring a valid DOT CDL with medical card, and hazmat endorsement), to regularly perform deliveries to support customer purchases and improved relationship (which may include managing and replenishing consignments), recovering used batteries, performing customer installations, and delivery loading/unloading, assists in training others, and records the successful processes and procedures required to carry out all functions. May perform deliveries requiring DOT HOS records and medical clearance. Experience with safe driving practices and material handling equipment and processes is significant. Excellence is demonstrated consistently and process improvements are contributed.
- Maintains an image in support of Company values on the job, as well as off the job when team member can be easily identified as an employee/representative of the Company
- Demonstrates good judgment in supporting Company values when non-standard situation arises.
- Adds a valuable, helpful, and positive influence to the customer experience and the work environment: Generates Fans
- Supports professional, neat, organized, clean, and safe work area. Facilities, vehicles, tools, associated/assigned PPE, and uniforms are kept clean and in good condition.
- Maintains established WHS rules and practices; immediately reports any incidents to supervisor.
- Actively participates in assigned learning opportunities and in sharing job knowledge for team advancement.
- Maintains exemplary time-keeping, makes effective use of work time, performs required duties in a timely manner, and demonstrates reliability in completing assignments. Pre-plans time off with supervisor and collaborates to coordinate coverage of duties.
- Makes sure the proper materials are on hand, and that tools, and equipment are in good working order; reports non-working tools and equipment to supervisor.
- Plans ahead and prioritizes work assignments with supervisor to meet due dates.
- Maintains a high-energy but safe and thoughtful pace. Exceeds minimum standards of production.
- Supports the development and maintenance of well-documented departmental performance standards, policies, and procedures.
- Participates in department meetings and collaborates with supervisor to continually improve safety, efficiency, profitability, the customer experience, and to develop and achieve realistic goals and effective strategies to meet Company objectives.
- Supports a climate for collaborative, job-related open communication among people and between departments.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
- Key to this job is to safely deliver a high-quality customer experience while increasing the profitable sales of Company products and services. Creates and maintains promoters (raving fans) of clients
- Obtains referrals from customers. Also able to successfully generate leads.
- Knowledgeable in products carried and educates customers on products promoted monthly. Identifies helpful opportunities for customers through expanding the use of Company products and services.
- Deliver product and pick up used batteries, as well as maintain and replenishes consignment products for customers. Plans efficient routes, ensures proper/accurate, staged, and safe stocking of vehicle. Assists in loading and unloading process.
- Perform battery installations
- Loads and offloads vehicles, prepares shipments
- Maintains accurate documentation of all customer transactions
- Coordinates regularly with supervisor to achieve targeted sales objectives.
- Clean Company uniform is the required attire
- Shoes must have non-slip soles, safety toe protection; no open shoes; no high heels.
- Neat, clean, tasteful, well-groomed appearance required.
- Hair, fingernails, and facial hair are to be kept neat and clean and must in no way interfere with the safety, technical, or professional requirements of the position or work assignment.
- No ripped, torn, soiled, holey, or ill-fitting clothing.
- Good hygiene
- Heavily-scented colognes, perfumes, and deodorants are to be avoided.
- Jewelry is to be moderate and not present a safety hazard (zero conductive material to be worn when working with batteries).
- Visible tattoos are to be covered with clothing where applicable (i.e. long sleeves). Tattoos not able to be covered must be of a minimal nature and not be provocative, offensive, gang-related, or threatening.
All branch and distribution center personnel (managerial or otherwise) are required to wear uniforms provided by the Company and must take care of their uniforms and report any wear or damage to their supervisor. The entire uniform must be worn (both shirt and pants without exception) while on duty and shirts must be tucked in. Instructions regarding cleaning and maintenance of uniforms will be provided by your supervisor. Soiled uniforms are not to go home or be washed at home. Shoes must have non-slip soles and toe protection. Certain branch personnel may be required to wear job specific safety equipment or clothing. Supervisors will inform you of any additional requirements regarding your attire specific to your region, branch, or duties. If authorized by the manager, branch personnel are allowed to wear Company or supplier headgear (i.e.: Company name, Centennial, US Battery, Optima, etc.); however it must be worn with the front facing forward.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
- driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Truck Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Tanker endorsement (Preferred)
- Hazmat endorsement (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance