BWTis one of Toronto's most professional grassroots basketball organizations that plans, develops and manages high-quality basketball programs including leagues, camps, and tournaments for men, women and youth year round. We are a professional, fun, dynamic basketball organization that started off as a small business and has grown substantially since our inception in 2006. BWT was founded to meet a need for high-quality basketball programs with a more authentic basketball approach to the development and management of the programs. For more information check out www.bwt.ca.
LENGTH OF CONTRACT- Internship for 3 - 8 months (Depends on school internship requirements).
BWTrequires a youthful dynamic individual to help with the operation and management of BWT's current and up and coming youth basketball programs. The Intern will be expected to fulfill the requirements of the position for one of the time intervals FALL(Sept to Dec.) or WINTER(January to March) or SPRING(April to June) or SUMMER(June to August).
Reporting to the Director, Program Manager or Program Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assist with the weekly planning, development, organization, and preparation of planned events including communication to customers, equipment setup, paperwork, website and other related event work.
- Complete administrative duties such database entry, standing and statistical updates, rules and regulation updates and communication with customers.
- Assistance with the day-to-day operations of the youth programs including leagues, clinics, and camps including registration, rosters, scheduling, scorekeeping, stat keeping, policies, and evaluations.
- Maintenance of website information and e-mail communication with customers. Help with the development, distribution, and promotion of up and coming events and related marketing materials.
- Respond to customer service inquiries and issues via website, email and in person about future programs.
- Some relationship development and management with customers, vendors, facilities and related staff.
- Plan and implement the Seasonal House League Tournament including but not limited to confirming gym permits, creating tournament bracket, organizing coaching schedule, booking officials, confirming sponsorship prizing, etc.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Proven track record of working with people and the ability to build relationships.
- You are positive, enthusiastic and have an endless supply of energy.
- Strengths include attention to detail, highly organized, planning, problem-solving and decision-making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (telephone and in person).
- Customer service oriented and able to work independently.
- Reliable, punctual, hard work and motivated self-starter who likes to build things from scratch.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and the willingness and ability to learn quickly.
- Some marketing, promotion or event coordination experience would be preferred.
- Experience working with youth in a teaching environment in a sport.
- Knowledge and interest in the game of basketball, the basketball industry in the city, or the NBA, or NCAA, Basketball or CIS basketball, as well as own transportation, are assets.
UNIQUE WORKING HOURS
Your commitment to BWT would involve mainly weekdays with some weekend/weeknight work. You are required to attend game sites on Saturdays.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
- Sport Program: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)