LENGTH OF CONTRACT – Internship for 2 – 8 months (Depends on school internship requirements)
BWT requires a youthful dynamic sports / basketball minded individual to help with the development of BWT’s marketing and
promotional strategy including but not limited to creation of marketing materials for BWT’s men's, women's and youth
basketball programs. The Intern will be expected to fulfill the requirements of the position for one of the time intervals FALL
(Sept to Dec.) or WINTER (January to March) or SPRING (March to May) or SUMMER (June to August). Reporting to the
Director / Program Manager or Program Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Planning, development, creation and facilitation of BWT’s Marketing Promotion Plan to enhance BWT’s brand in
the basketball community.
- Ensure the marketing material enhances BWT’s brand image and ensures a consistent approach.
- Assist with the creation of unique marketing materials for all of BWT’s programs for current and future seasons.
- Work directly with the Director and Business Development Rep to develop promotions and branding strategies
for all programs.
- Communicate with external agencies and vendors to obtain and share project deliverables and assets.
- Development and implementation of metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing and promotions
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Understanding of marketing basics, direct response, interactive marketing best practices/systems.
- Creative individual with a strong attention to detail and the willingness to learn quickly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills who is self motivated and looking for opportunities to learn.
- Ability to proactively find solutions to problems and makes educated decisions quickly.
- Excellent organization, time management and multi-tasking skills and thrives in a fast paced environment.
- You are positive, enthusiastic and have an endless supply of energy.
- Reliable, punctual, hard work and motivated self-starter who likes to build things from scratch.
- Knowledge and interest of the game of basketball, the basketball industry in the city, or the NBA, or NCAA
Basketball or CIS basketball as well as own transportation are assets.
UNIQUE WORKING HOURS
Your commitment to BWT would involve mainly weekdays with some weekend / weeknight work.
This intern position receives an honorarium based on their time and performance/impact to the business. In addition to
the honorarium, the individual will gain valuable planning, organizing & managing grassroots sporting events.