Basketball World Toronto is Toronto's most exciting and professional grassroots basketball organization that plans, develops and manages high-quality year-round basketball programs including leagues, camps, and tournaments for men, women and children.
JOB TITLE - MARKETING & PARTNERSHIPS COORDINATOR
POSITION LENGTH & HOURS - The Marketing & Partnerships Coordinator is a 12-month independent contract position which would automatically renew after the 12 months. It is a paid contract position for 35 - 40 hours per week (5 Weekdays in the office between 10am - 5:00pm, with 1-2 weeknight shifts and/or 1 weekend shift depending on business needs).
POSITION OVERVIEW - Our team needs a youthful, dynamic, basketball (or sports) minded marketing expert to plan, market, advertise, promote and develop of all of BWT's Adult & Youth basketball programs and fulfill our partner obligations. Reporting to the Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for ...
- Developing key marketing plans, strategies, tools and cultivating relationships
- Planning, leading and developing the marketing team including managing 1-2 interns, street team of 5-10 and coordinating with other office department staff and game site staff to meet our marketing objectives
- Leading the current marketing and promotion initiatives and working to enhance their effectiveness
- Identifying areas to target growth, increase program participation, and develop new opportunities with corporate and community organizations
- Manage all marketing and communication campaigns and materials used to attract new participants and enhance fundraising opportunities
- Developing and overseeing all social media channels and strategies as well as execution
- Maintaining constant communication with customers, partners and helping to track metrics return on investment.
- Prepare weekly and monthly summaries of marketing strategies and initiatives for the Director.
- Keep up to date on marketing trends and innovative tools within the industry.
SKILL & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Previous marketing experience within the direct to customer sports market is required.
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and passion for marketing at the grassroots sports community level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, working within the corporate and public realm.
- Positive, enthusiastic and committed to getting the job done.
- Ability to manage a varied workload, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Reliable, punctual, hardworking and a motivated self-starter who likes to build things from scratch.
- Highly proficient in Google G-Suite (G-Mail, Google Calendar & Google Drive), Mailchimp, Adobe Suite (Illustrator & Photoshop), Evernote and Task Management Apps as well as the ability to learn quickly.
- Knowledge of the basketball industry in Toronto , the NBA, U-Sports and Amateur grassroots basketball
- Smartphone with data for each shift is a mandatory requirement, while access to a car would be an ideal situation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- Marketing Strategy: 1 year (Required)
- Social Media Management: 1 year (Required)
- Staff Management: 1 year (Required)
- Marketing: 3 years (Required)
- Partner Development: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)