LENGTH OF CONTRACT - Internship for 2 - 8 months (Depending on school internship requirements)
BWT requires a youthful dynamic sports / basketball minded individual to help with the development of BWT's marketing and communications strategies for BWT's men's, women's and youth basketball programs. The intern will be expected to fulfill the requirements of the position for one of the time intervals: FALL (September to December) or WINTER (January to March) or SPRING (March to May) or SUMMER (May to August). Reporting to the Director / Program Manager or Marketing Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Planning, development and facilitation of BWT's Marketing & Communications Plan to enhance BWT's brand.
- Management of online presence on BWT's website, social media channels and email marketing campaigns.
- Drafting and editing content for news articles, newsletters and social media posts based on BWT's initiatives.
- Assist with the creation of communication materials for BWT's current and future programs, including graphics.
- Work directly with the Director to develop communications for programs.
- Communicate with external agencies and vendors to obtain and share project deliverables and assets.
- Development and implementation of metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing and communication strategies including social media.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Understanding of interactive marketing strategies and best practices for digital marketing.
- Creative individual with a strong attention to detail and the willingness to learn quickly.
- Understanding of basic social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn).
- Knowledge of marketing service tools such as Mailchimp and content management software (CMS).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, self-motivated and looking for opportunities to learn.
- Ability to proactively find solutions to problems and makes educated decisions quickly.
- Excellent organization, time management and multi-tasking skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive, enthusiastic and have an endless supply of energy.
- Reliable, punctual, hard worker and motivated self-starter who likes to build things from scratch.
- Knowledge of and interest in the game of basketball, the basketball industry in the city, or the NBA, NCAA or CIS basketball, as well as own transportation, are assets.
UNIQUE WORKING HOURS
Your commitment to BWT would involve mainly weekdays with some weekend / weeknight work.
This intern position receives an honorarium based on their time and performance/impact to the business. In addition to the honorarium, the individual will gain valuable planning, organizing & managing grassroots sporting events.
Job Type: Internship
- marketing: 1 year (Preferred)