LENGTH OF CONTRACT – Internship for 2 – 8 months (Depends on school internship requirements).
BWT requires a youthful dynamic individual to help with the operation and management of BWT’s current and up and coming
adult basketball programs. The Intern will be expected to fulfill the requirements of the position for one of the time intervals
FALL (Sept to Dec.) or WINTER (January to March) or SPRING (March to May) or SUMMER (June to August). Reporting to
the Director / Program Manager or Program Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assist with the weekly organization and preparation of planned events including interaction with customers,
equipment setup, paperwork, website and other related event work.
- Complete administrative duties such database entry, standing and statistical updates, rules and regulation
updates and communication with customers.
- Assistance with the day-to-day operations of the adult leagues (men's elite, competitive, corporate, rec and
women's) including registration, rosters, scheduling, scorekeeping, stat keeping, policies and evaluations.
- Maintenance of website information and e-mail communication with customers.
- Help with the development, distribution and promotion of up and coming event and marketing materials.
- Respond to customer inquires via email, website and in person about current and future programs.
- Some relationship development and management with customers, vendors, facilities and related staff.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Proven track record of working with people and the ability to build relationships.
- You are positive, enthusiastic and have an endless supply of energy.
- Strengths include attention to detail, highly organized, planning, problem solving and decision-making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (telephone and in person).
- Customer service oriented and able to work independently.
- Reliable, punctual, hard work and motivated self-starter who likes to build things from scratch.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and the willingness and ability to learn quickly.
- Some marketing, promotion or event coordination experience would be preferred.
- Knowledge and interest of the game of basketball, the basketball industry in the city, or the NBA, or NCAA
Basketball or CIS basketball as well as own transportation are assets.
UNIQUE WORKING HOURS
Your commitment to BWT would involve mainly weekdays with some weekend / weeknight work.
This intern position receives an honorarium based on their time and performance/impact to the business. In addition to
the honorarium, the individual will gain valuable planning, organizing & managing grassroots sporting events.