BASIS.ed is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist whose primary responsibility will be processing weekly accounts payable for select BASIS Charter schools. The mission of BASIS Schools is to provide an accelerated liberal arts education at internationally competitive levels for all students. BASIS opened its flagship campus, BASIS Tucson, in 1998 and currently operates 22 schools in Arizona, one in Washington DC, three in San Antonio, Texas and one in Baton Rouge, LA. BASIS is consistently ranked among the top 10 programs nationally and is competitive on an international scale.
- Review invoices for completeness, accurate coding and applicable use tax allocation
- Enter invoices and process payments in a timely and accurate fashion
- Verify compliance of invoice submittal with BASIS internal controls
- Verify vendor accounts have updated W-9’s on file/Annual 1099 preparation
- Provide outstanding service to Charter Schools operations team and internal partners
- Answer vendor inquiries
- Assist with other projects when needed
Education and Experience:
Minimum Qualifications: 1-5 years accounts payable experience, PC proficiency and aptitude, including knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, etc.) and the ability to adapt to multiple accounting software programs. The successful candidate is able to work in a fast pasted environment, enjoys working independently and with a team in an open office environment.
Preferred Qualifications: An Associate’s degree or higher in Accounting or related business field.
- Demonstrate the utmost professionalism
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency
- Must be able to follow procedures and detailed instructions
- Detail oriented, positive attitude and reliable
- Possess strong organizational skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, problem solving skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
- As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.