At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Business Analyst - (1901367)
Where the Chemistry Happens
The Business Analyst position reports to the Business Controller Agricultural Solutions in Canada and has close interaction and ongoing dialogue with marketing, sales and related functions in the Agricultural Solutions in Canada and North America as well as the local BASF organization. The collaboration will be on the forecasting, budgeting and reporting processes as well as financial analyses and key initiatives, complemented by decision support to the Business Controller and securing that internal processes will meet all compliance requirements.
- Manage, report and maintain the development of the customer accrual accounts together with sales and customer solutions team as well as involvement in customer incentive related processes and support with price maintenance in SAP
- Prepares monthly sales and KPI reports, using data from key business systems. Reviews data for potential errors and seeks resolution to maintain long-term data integrity
- Manages and reports on the development of Balance Sheet accounts owned by the Agricultural Solutions organization in Canada
- Your strong proficiency in financial analysis will be a valued asset as you forecast, budget, analyze and report the fixed cost. The business analyst owns the respective processes, serves as primary contact to the organization and manages the correct allocation of cost to the respective cost centers
- With your strong financial and accounting experience you champion continuous improvement and simplification of existing processes, which will meet all compliance requirements
- Collects necessary data from sales and marketing teams to complete the monthly risks & opportunities matrix
- Performs ad-hoc reporting and special assignments as requested
- Project controlling for CAPEX projects