Do you LOVE marketing? Do you enjoy working within a startup environment? Does being a part of a team that is mission-driven, results-driven and detail oriented appeal to you? If so, this might be the position for you.
Basepaws is looking for a Social Media Manager with e-commerce background to accelerate our growth in the pet market space. You will work closely with our Chief Meowketing Officer to develop and execute the company's social media strategy (including community growth and content strategy). You will also work with our Product Manager and Science Team. The position is available immediately, and the location is at the Basepaws HQ in El Segundo, CA (you can work remotely if you want but please come to see us at least twice a month).
This is a unique opportunity to invest your skills and expertise in making an impact on two of the world's most booming industries: genetic tests and pets. We are looking for a hardworking, local (South Bay and West LA), junior marketer wanting to learn an enormous amount in a short time and get the best 'marketing school' while giving this your very best.
Part-time to start with potential for full-time in 2-3 months.
You have to be a pet lover (no joke) : )
We promise it will NOT be boring!
- Develop and coordinate all aspects of the Social media strategy, create and implement the Social media calendar for all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn). Good writing and creating basic visuals is a must.
- Develop and manage a content marketing strategy including the Content Calendar (newsletters, blogs, ebooks, etc).
- Manage the email channel, including calendaring, minor copywriting, layout, proofing, sending and reporting on all email campaigns that go out.
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Report on social media content performance on a weekly and monthly basis. Utilize insights on trends and opportunities to recommend future marketing activities.
- Ensure all campaign creatives are consistent and in line with the organization's brand
Optional (in case you want to do more work and have more fun with us):
- Assist with influencers and affiliates
- Assist with PR and events
- Assist with customer service calls and emails
- Feed, pet & love our office cat KOKO ;)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of work experience with digital marketing, preferably in an online-consumer-focused company (pet industry is a big plus)
- Proficient in Google Analytics and/or other site analytics tool, experience in Adwords and Facebook Ads (is a plus), Hubspot (is a plus), Mailchimp (required)
- Experience working with creative teams to generate digital content is a plus
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently. Has a bias for action: takes initiative and runs with projects to complete high-quality work
- Resourceful and scrappy - you aren't afraid to hustle and improvise if needed
- Strong communication skills: you love talking to people (especially with customers), creating partnerships and maintaining relationships both internally and externally
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable with ambiguity and changing priorities
- Passionate about making an impact on a growing company
- Ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively is a must in this role
- Excellent project management and Microsoft Office skills
- Able to multi-task in a high paced fluid environment while ensuring deliverables are met within assigned deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16 - $18 per hour (20-25 hours per week)
Job Type: Part-time
- Content Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Social Media: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Overtime often available: