Best Plumbing & Lighting has been in business for over 40 years and is proud to be an industry leading Plumbing and Lighting distributor and showroom in Edmonton, Alberta. We are committed to providing excellent service to our valued customers and an exciting and positive workplace to our team members.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an eager and talented individual to join our marketing team as a Graphic Design and Social Media Coordinator. This position will be full time and salaried for the first 3 months, working from Bartle & Gibson and freelance work after that period.
Reporting directly to and working alongside Bartle & Gibson’s Marketing Manager, you will support Best Plumbing & Lighting’s marketing needs. The Graphic Design and Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for day-to-day management of social media channels and integration with marketing planning by providing support through content generation, community monitoring and social promotions to ensure we grow our online traffic, reinforce our brand and better communicate with our future and existing customers. This role will be creating all graphic design marketing collateral across a variety of channel, both print and digital.
Your main job duties will include, but won’t be limited to:
- Designing advertising and support collateral (print, digital, social)
- Manage social media accounts. This includes posting, moderating, and engaging on these platforms daily. Social accounts include or could include: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest
- Providing guidance in optimizing web layout and design
- Proofing, monitoring, and debugging digital collateral, websites
- Assist with the creation of information for promotional literature and other marketing material
- Content sourcing and collection
- Support sales and market development presentations and meetings by assembling samples, slideshows, marketing materials and sales portfolio
- Create and share content that aligns with our content, strategy, and messaging
- Build meaningful connections with our audience, increasing social engagement and following consistent with our key performance indicators
- Boost our digital presence by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social and digital data/metrics, insights and best practices, and implementing innovative solutions
- Coordinating supplier / co-op partner promotions and various events
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department’s activities
- Developing and cultivating strong working relationships with all stakeholders (suppliers, customers and employees)
- Ensuring compliance with licensing and advertising laws, and other statutory regulations
- Project management/coordination
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed
- Efficient time management including prioritizing, organizing and planning effectively to meet deadlines
- A solid understanding of graphic design and social media best practises
- Strong creative and efficient graphic design abilities
- Self-motivated; able to function effectively both independently and collaboratively
- Proven ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail; ability to maintain a high level of accuracy with excellent editing and proof reading abilities
- Programming experience would be considered an asset
- Degree or certificate in graphic design
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in social media marketing
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Programming/development experience (application, HTML, CSS, PHP, responsive emails) will be considered an asset
- Copywriting experience will be considered an asset
If you want to join a company with a great culture that truly values and rewards you for a job well done, then we encourage you to submit your resume. Our compensation and benefits, including profit sharing and career growth potential are competitive and will be based on experience and abilities.
- No phone calls or drop ins. Apply by application submission only, stating applicable experience and salary expectations in your cover letter. Please also include actual work samples or a link to work samples. All submissions are kept in the highest level of confidentiality. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in employment with Best Plumbing & Lighting, however, only those who possess the desired qualifications, experience and local to the Edmonton area will be contacted for further review.
Final candidates will be required to undergo an assessment and security screening, including a criminal record check. Employment is subject to screening completion that is satisfactory to Best Plumbing & Lighting.
Bartle & Gibson is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive wages and opportunity for advancement from within the organization.